Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Stories of Faith Part II: The Energy of Hope

1:07 p.m. Today's project is to dare to hope in God's reversal of a dreadful prognosis.



Last night, as I was fellowshiping at church with lots of friends waiting for our Ladies' Night Out to begin, I noticed a slim, darling, energetic gal bipping around, with a "basketball" shape under her shirt. She came up and introduced herself to me, referencing a mutual friend. Risking a breach of etiquette, I asked, "Are you expecting?" She said, "Yes, didn't [our friend] tell you what's going on with us?" I said, "I didn't want to be nosey, so I only know a little, not the details."  The young mom then told me that her baby has no skull, has club feet, and may be developing a cleft palate. (She's due in June). She testified, "We didn't even think we could get pregnant, yet, even before I conceived, the Lord gave us a name for him, and gave me the verse that "He has blessed your children within you."(Psalm 147:13). Listening, I was overwhelmed emotionally, crying on the inside, but said, "Then we will earnestly pray to the Lord for a miracle! How many times has a surgeon opened up a patient only to say, 'There's nothing wrong with your heart!'? Or a baby that was supposed to have no arms was perfectly whole? God can create a skull, a limb, anything He wants to do is in His power!" We hugged and parted joyfully from our conversation.

In Part I, we looked at a worst case scenario out of a woman's past--physical and sexual abuse as a child. Today in Part II,  I was impressed by the Holy Spirit to write about a worst case scenario for a pregnant woman's future--delivering a baby with multiple deformities. Both women are an inspiration to me as they put one foot in front of the other daily and walk in the assurance of Jesus' love. Psalm 91:1-2 exemplifies the faith of these women:

He who dwells in the secret
  place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of
  the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, "He is
  my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in whom I will trust."

This has been a difficult year for me, caregiving in my husband's deteriorating mental state, his suffering with aspiration pneumonia, and his death. When people ask how I'm doing, as many sisters did last night, my only answer is, "God has been so good!" I really cannot think of anything else to say, or anything else to see, but Jesus, working "all things together for good" (Romans 8:28)  in my life today, as one "who loves God and is called according to His purpose." Perhaps the ministry of scriptural encouragement He called me to many years ago will be amplified; the hardships, tragedies and struggles of the women He puts in my path are certainly more intense, more in need of a miraculous touch from the God of the universe Himself, than ever before in 32 years of ministry. Yet, I am also receiving encourasgement. Jesus has used two separate groups of widows to put their physical, emotional and spiritual arms around me when I have been in the most dire need. He has brought my children and grandchildren here to my home to fill it with the laughter and commotion I love. My Jesus knows me so well!

Jesus knows you, too, no matter who you are, and He will save and carry you safely, no matter how deep the waters you are drowning in. He will be there for you in an instant--in fact, He is already awaiting your cry of "Help, Lord!" He only is your hope; He only by His Holy Spirit can energize your faith, bring you belief, and strengthen you in your trials.

Whether you have a relationship with Him or not, Jesus loves you! Will you pray to God the Father in the name of Jesus today, that you might give your life to Him?

This is the one decision you will never regret.





1 comment:

  1. This is a good heartwarming inspiring blog stories worth reading. It's worth your time. God bless.

    ReplyDelete