Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful

10:37 p.m. Today's project was to get the house ready for Thanksgiving dinner, bake one last pie, and get my sausage dressing mixed together. My daughter Heidi and her hubby were here to help out, and to enjoy the Kruckenberg Subway tradition the night before Thanksgiving when the kitchen and Mom are far too busy for any other cooking.

Tomorrow, with most of our kids, spouses, my dad and nephew, we'll go over the piece I copied from the now-defunct Titus Tribune women's ministry newsletter called "Thank Him Now." It gently reminds us that there's never going to be the perfect time to thank God, so thank Him right now, no matter what. Not easy, is it? But gratitude glorifies God by acknowledging the wisdom of the One who has an eternal plan for each one of us.

In this trying time, I will need to join all of our guests in sharing something to be thankful for. Despite Steve's sad condition, God has done many wonderful things for me, for my family, friends, and for my business. For that I rejoice daily. But listing those items out loud with a table full of people may prove difficult!

The Lord reminded me of an incident in the Gospel of Luke, Chapter 10:17-20. Jesus had sent out the seventy, two by two, to preach the kingdom of God and heal the sick. They returned to Jesus, amazed and full of joy because "even the demons are subject to us in Your name." Jesus gave them authority "over all the power of the enemy." Like Jesus' disciples, we do rejoice in the work God assigns to us, anoints us for, and accomplishes through us. But there is a greater reason to rejoice, the Lord said:

Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because yur names are written in heaven.


And above all, that is what I am thankful for!

1 comment: