Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Here's Jazzlyn!

5:36 p.m. Today's project is to keep two very lively dogs corralled, separated when necessary, and not be a nuisance to me or the neighbors!

My original plan for the day was an 11:00 appointment with a nurse evaluator for our long term care insurance company, which would take place at Raincross, where she could spend a  few minutes with Steve, see how he is adjusting, and then she and I would complete the eval packet. But first, the Lord gave me a great facial appointment at 9:30 with a customer whose company I really enjoy, for her birthday. He also showed me His grace as I traveled across town and back on an empty gas tank, and earned a comfortable sale for doing it. I am reminded of the widow in 2 Kings 4:1-7, whose sons were about to be sold into slavery to pay off a creditor. In answer to the prophet Elisha's question, she replied that she only had one jar of oil in her house. Elisha told her to gather all the pots she could, and begin pouring the oil into them. She had enough oil to pay off her creditor and for her family to live on. God's in the miracle business!

Steve was very happy to see me today, and easily and calmly sat with the nurse and me in his room. He still could barely identify a watch and a pen, but when I walked him to lunch so the nurse and I could complete the many personal questions out of earshot, his attitude was upbeat, not stressed or agitated at being questioned. That's a miracle, too.

After playing "flashlight tag and chase" with Jada and Jazzlyn in the backyard, and getting pretty good obedience even from the puppy, I find myself forgiving their fence-busting ways of yesterday and today. At least Jada climbed back into our yard over the fence.  Jazzlyn doesn't know she could probably get over the fence too, and I plan to keep it that way for as long as possible. Maybe that 3-hour timeout in their crates got their attention. Not that they wouldn't be sleeping for at least that long during the day anyway! Now that Jazzlyn is learning to understand my "unh -unh" sound and back away from what ever she's not supposed to be doing, lessening her jumping,and is learning from Jada to be a watchdog, I think I'm enjoying them both. Don't you just love God's creatures?

Proverbs 12:10a says,

A righteous man regards the life of his animal...

We'll get the fence replaced soon, and I expect lots of laughs from this pair, like Jazzlyn's big puppy feet tripping on a piece of paper, and Jada's bossing.

The girls are in their crates for the night, and I can get a little rest, too.

Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment