Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Back to group

10:00 p.m. Today's project was to attend Ladies' Bible study after missing last week, due to being out of town all day with my dad. My lesson was finished for the week, but I didn't make back out to Calvary Chapel to share what the Lord had shown me with my discussion group.

Scripture exhorts us to share what we've learned from the Bible and the mighty works God has done in our lives--our testimony--with other believers. Here are some verses I enjoy:

Therefore by Him let us continually offer the sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of our lips, giving thanks to His name. (Hebrews 13:15)
        
 As it is written, "He who glories, let him glory in the LORD." (I Corinthians 1:31)

 And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written,"I believed and therefore I spoke," we also believe and therefore speak. (II Corinthians 4:13)
         
...be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs,
singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord (Ephesians 5:18b-19

The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. (Philippians 4:9)

And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you     (I Thessalonians 3:12)

Whether it be the Apostle Paul or everyday believers such as ourselves, we are to lift up the name of Jesus Christ and God the Father by the power of the Holy Spirit to mutually build one another up, comfort one another in trials, and keep one another's minds uplifted through our testimonies. Praise Him! Sing to Him!

I Thessalonians tells us why:

...so He may establish your hearts blameless in holiness before our God and Father at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. Love how you let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly.

    Thanks for letting me interview you here:
    http://plantcityladyandfriends.blogspot.com/2013/02/interview-with-blogging-friend-dana.html

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete