Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Changing prayer list

11:46 a.m. Today's project was to prepare the March/April prayer request page in the pink binder I've been writing in for almost 30 years. On the front of the college-ruled paper are the prayer requests, and on the back are praises to the Lord for all that He does for me, my family or the Body of Christ each day. (That is, insofar as I can ascertain what He's done! God is ever active in His children's lives, and only a fraction of His praiseworthy acts toward us are evident to us, of that I am certain).

At the top of each page are scriptures or encouraging thoughts that the Holy Spirit sends my way. "My God is Able!" has been the heading numerous times; another one is "To Him be the glory." Both come from II Timothy 4:18, from the imprisoned Apostle Paul's last recorded words.

The Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom.To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen!

Another inspiration is Daniel 3:17. This faith declaration preceding a miraculous biblical event, came from Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who, when threatened with death in the fiery furnace if they did not bow to his giant gold statue, told King Nebudchadnezzar,

Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. 

My categories listed down the left side of the prayer request page between the rings have been:

  • Salvation
  • The Body of Christ [the church throughout the world, evangelistic crusades, missions]
  • My church  [pastors and their families, ministries, events]
  • Steve
  • Sean, Pam and family
  • Kriss, Marisela and Clark
  • Heidi and Pavel
  • Heather, Nick and Desmond
  • Steven
  • [Extended] Family needs
  • Me [personal, ministry]
  • My Mary Kay business
  • Needs [of anyone I become aware of, of any nature]
  • City, State Nation
  • Other needs God makes me aware of
As I set up the March/April page, I began to automatically print Steve's name when I stopped! He no longer needs prayer. What can I ask God to do for Steve that He has not already faithfully, and as promised, accomplished and finalized? My beloved late husband is in heaven right now, in the presence of Jesus the Lamb of God!  Steve is healed, healthy, whole, sharp-minded, enjoying fellowship with his brother, parents, cousin, nephew, aunts and uncles, and all other believers who have passed from this earth.

Unlike even the most satisfying life of a believer here on the earth, Steve lacks nothing, fears nothing, and is anxious for nothing. I can testify, and so can you, that even when the Lord gives us a rest from fiery trials, there is no "perfect" happiness here in this life, only spectacular, fleeting, glorious moments when God grants us times of utter joy. That's merely a taste, a microscopic smidgen of what we have to look forward to when He calls us home!

Psalm 16:11 gives a promise from God that those who are born again may commit to heart, recite and rely upon no matter what we face in this life:

You will show me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is not biblical to pray for people who have passes away, but only to thank the LORD for them. Rejoicing with you at Steve's new home.

    I pray for Social Media friends like yourself on Fridays and now as I write this.

    ReplyDelete