Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Intercessory call

1:09 p.m. Today's project was to come home after a future Mary Kay Director meeting, check on my handyman Lou's progress in rototilling the garden, pick up clothes for tonight's meeting, and spend a little time with Jada while I had lunch. A friend, or more of an acquaintance, grief counselor Kathleen, called as I was culling out brown sections from my Romaine lettuce.

Kathleen and I met two years ago at the housewarming party of a mutual friend. She told me about her Christian counseling practice, especially her work with grieving women who have lost babies for any reason.  We talked at length also about all I was learning about care giving for my late husband in the mid-stage of his dementia, as well as the effect that advanced rheumatoid arthritis was having on her hands--and life--at the time.We became sisters in the Lord, exchanged numbers, and befriended one another later on Facebook, but our paths have not crossed again since.

Kathleen had posted very loving words on my FB wall regarding the loss of Steve, and I found out today that she's been following this blog but not commenting.She began her call with, "Dana? Do you have a minute? There's something I just HAVE to tell you!" I told her that I was free and had plenty of time. I was totally eager to hear what this wise sister would speak to me.

She had been praying for me, and sorrowing before the Lord because there was nothing she could physically do for me, or at least that's what she thought. Not so, because the Lord proceeded to call her attention to Zephaniah 3:17.

"The LORD your God in your
  midst, the Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with 
  gladness, 
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with
  singing."

And then the Spirit told her to sing those words of praise aloud! (And she did).

Stunning, just stunning. I was dumbstruck, literally, and in tears at such powerful, anointed intercession.
Reflecting several hours later, it is no wonder, with Jesus moving so strongly in my behalf through His Spirit speaking to another believer, that there has been a peace in my heart, the burden of heavy sorrow and care lifted. My life is not about me and what I need to do next or how I should feel! It's all about Jesus! Are you willing to make Him the Center and Purpose of your life?

Isaiah 59 speaks of the time when the nation of Israel was separated from God because of sin, a time when justice was turned back, righteousness stood afar off, truth was fallen in the street, and equity could not enter, causing truth to fall (v.14-15).  God was displeased, and "wondered that there was no intercessor" (v.16). If ever there was a time to heed the Lord's call to His people to serve Him in this most critical ministry, intercessory prayer, it is now.

Will you carve out time to intercede for others? Let God not be displeased with His people in our day!




2 comments:

  1. 1 Samuel 12:23. I pray for you also.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Carol, and I keep you and DH in prayer as well!

    ReplyDelete