Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Scenarios














1:17 p.m. Today's project was to take Steve to the neurologist for the verdict on the sleep test last Tuesday night. It was all good news, including the C-Pap machine having been approved by Anthem Blue Cross before we ever got there!The Apria company will train us on its use, so I believe that makes for a good day!!

Nothing seriously troubling for our family--including the news that our nephew Jeremy was in a bike crash--has a speedy resolution, except Jeremy's injuries that are definitely healable. So I thought I'd show a few of the "scenarios" I have set up around my house over the last 22 years that put a smile on my face whenever I look at them.
The oldest grouping is my bunny collection from the late '80's, when country blue, calico and mauve were all the rage. Bunnies certainly made sense as a collection for a mother of five! There were so many bunnies in our house, made of all kinds of materials, from china and papier mache to cloth and wood, that I wrote in an article on hobbies solicited by the Press Enterprise, "I can ask my guests to find all the bunnies while I run around doing last-minute preparations for dinner!"
My next grouping is the porcelain doll tea party in the corner of my front window, made up of a blonde (Heidi), a brunette (Heather) and a redhead (me?). I love the miniature Lenox china tea set, and the porcelain horse that used to have a small teddy bear on its back until our dogs kept stealing it and cuddling it for a baby. Jada could actually find the teddy when I'd hide it in a cupboard! And Bailey managed to hide it from me more than once! Those labs are natural mothers, but it's not to be, sorry girls...
The very tiny Victorian ladies are a more recent addition, ordered from the Smithsonian catalog. The details are amazing, down to the lovely baby's basinette and changing table with all the trimmings. The little ladies are minding the baby, resting on a couch, and also greeting an afternoon visitor. I suppose this scenario reflects my many years of majoring in English literature (my B.A. degree) and my dream that came true, thanks to the missionaries at Calvary Chapel of Cardiff--visiting England at the end of our evangelism week in Wales. One day I'll go back, next time to see Stonehenge! I chuckle at my daughters' love for the Jane Austen novels Emma and Pride and Prejudice, which they had both read before the popular modern movies came out. I believe Heather has read all of the author's novels, according to her blog "Remains of the Day." Maybe that's why my girls are so ladylike!!
The most precious scenario in my home is "Jesus and the Little Children," inspired by Luke 18:15-17:
Then they also brought infants to him that He might touch them; but when the disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them to Him, and said, "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them, for of such is the kingdom of God. Assuredly I say to you, anyone who does not recieve the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it."
Not one of us can be assured of eternity in Heaven without coming to Christ in absolute faith and trust, as a child looks to his parents to pick him up at the sight of his little upstretched arms. If you have not already done so, stretch out your arms to Christ with the faith of a child--He will not turn you away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment