Pages

Friday, July 29, 2011

God took the day and did as he pleased!



7:19 p.m. Today's project was to get my hair done, which was sorely needed in the root department! My schedule was set, or so I thought. But by 9 a.m., I got a series of text messages from my Mary Kay Sales Director reminding me to email a new consultant agreement to a girlfriend, and to check in with one of my team members.



After breakfast and putting my favorite dress on with all the jewelry I've won, I went downstairs to greet the female caregiver who would be staying with Steve most of the day. Maria has helped out before, and is a very competent Certified Nurse Assistant.



Her greeting to me was, "Do you have anything to cover up acne scars?" This was at about the time I was supposed to leave, so I held up everything, had her apply some yellow-tone concealer, and then let her try the foundation color I thought would match. It was perfect, despite my haste. She then asked for acne medicated lotion, and I had that on hand too. So she ended up buying concealer, foundation and acne treatment gel, a nice cash sale!



After my 11:00 appointment, I had prearranged with my older daughter to meet her at her classroom at Pacific Avenue Elementary School in Jurupa by 1 p.m. We'd work for a couple of hours, and then I'd jet over to a new customer's home by 4 p.m., one who showed a very strong interest in being a Mary Kay consultant. Heidi was having a rough morning, and the traffic she got stuck in trying to GET ON the 215/60/91 flyover probably killed an sixty minutes.Our planned hours of work were not to be, so I found myself with a couple of hours to kill. Made some calls, including to my 4 p.m. appointment, hoping to change to an earlier time slot, but her cell went straight to voicemail.



What to do? I stopped by Albertson's for two bananas and some cash over, then headed home, when the Holy Spirit popped an idea into my head: why not give Maria a facial? Since she'd already bought her product, we could focus on cleansing and taking good care of her skin, and using her new products in the correct order.



As we did the facial, Steve went ahead and walked the dogs, since she'd already made sure he had his lunch. She also completed an interview about doing the business herself. You never can tell! One thing I have learned in this business is the truth of the scripture I Corinthians 4:5, and that it applies to so many daily situations, peoples' actions, or even whetherthey are saved:



...judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one's praise will come from God.



As I help women to look and feel better with our products, what could be considered a shallow exercise in vanity becomes so much more: a chance to get to know each one as an individual, their likes and dislikes, hopes, dreams, goals, and the way they see themselves far beyond an image in the mirror. It is so gratifying to lead a self-deprecating woman in proper skincare and cosmetic application, be it ever so simple, and see her "light up" for possibly the first time in her life. Building a business on that basis is very gratifying!



I went into my office to organize customer cards and go over some items with my Sales Director, while Maria returned to look after Steve. Around 3:30, I finally heard back from my 4:00 appointment, who was having a family emergency, so I signed the agency time sheet and we said goodbye to the caregiver. She's coming back next Tuesday afternoon, bringing her mom with her, for a little Mary Kay party!



The Lord completely rearranged my day, even topping it off with time together with my husband, the perfect close to a wonderfully busy week! As we just now came in from a strenuous walk up the Canyon Crest hill, I can only repeat a line from a favorite praise song,



How Great is Our God!



No comments:

Post a Comment