Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

On her own!



5:04 p.m. Today's project was to have a nice mother-daughter visit over at the home of newlywed Mrs. Heidi Ilie. I purposely waited until this week, because her husband Pavel went back to work after two weeks off. You may not know it, but Deuteronomy 24:5 says,





When a man has taken a new wife, he shall not go out to war or be charged with any business; he shall be free at home one year, and bring happiness to his wife whom he has chosen.



Looks like Pavel owes her 50 more weeks!



So Heidi's had a couple days on her own at home, training their new dog and taking care of business. It wasn't hard for me to give her some space. I've been so busy with my Bible study, beauty business and the marketing and promotion of my book, Galatians: An Exploration of Faith & Freedom, that I wasn't really tempted to call or text in between the couple's Sunday afternoon visits, when they check their Facebook pages and photographer website for the wedding pictures that have been posted, and pick up items from her room to take to their darling little house.



I miss my daughter, but it's different than when she lived at University of Redlands for four years, then in an apartment for a year. This is for keeps, just like for her dad and me, "till death do us part." Thus there's no reason to get maudlin about God's perfect will for her life with a man who loves the Lord, first and foremost, and loves Heidi with all his heart. I could tell from when we've seen them that Pavel is one happy man, and Heidi is very content also!



That's our Lord for you! "He does all things well." (Mark 7:37)



I love the crazy odd closets and corners that come with an older house! The nice glassed-in pantry, a very good-sized storage barn, finished patio and well kept grounds are just right for them. And Sammy, their chihuahua/whippet mix, is very excited, made friends with grandma right away, and is a good walker. He's still getting used to his crate, and loves to show off his furry squeak toy. Everything is tidy--she's my daughter, after all--and the furniture choices they've made are tasteful. Their next goal is to get a floor-to-ceiling bookcase.



We visited for a while and then went off to Verizon to reorganize our Friends and Family plan. I also looked at the Smart Phones I'm eligible for with my upgrade, but do not like the buy-in of $159! Guess I'll keep Krazy Glueing the phone I have.



Heidi treated me to some yummy nuggets, my Chik-Fil-A favorites, and described her and friend Bibi's sharing with a Jehovah Witness gal yesterday. I'm proud that she is so well equipped, and will only grow stronger in the Word with each passing year.



A friend posted a quote that I blogged about a few months ago, about the cruel destiny of mothers who pour their lives into their children, only to have them leave one at a time. If that left me empty, it would be a cruel fate indeed! I have known mothers who go into deep depression when their nest becomes empty; it's fairly common. BUT, I feel confident in the upbringing the Lord led Steve and me to give our children, to see them (generally) choosing a direction in life, accomplishing their educational goals, working hard, and above all, following Jesus Christ. And to watch their young marriages flourish is a treat, a comfort far beyond missing having another person at home to bounce ideas off of besides my husband. After 30 years, Steve tends to agree pretty easily, and I truly love vigorous discussion and varied points of view myself!



Heidi has noticed little differences that vary between things they both will learn to adjust to in living with another person, to things I warned her she'll still be talking about 30 years from now, and we had some good chuckles as wives--some aspects of life around the house with a member of the opposite sex are universal! Decades of joy and growth will be a special treasure they'll share in the Lord. And like all committed Christian couples, they'll have the Holy Spirit's guidance through it all.



I pronounce myself wholly satisfied with my daughter's marital well being, and assured that the Lord Jesus has taken up residence in the Ilie home!


No comments:

Post a Comment