Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

A blessed October 14, still today!



12:26 a.m. Today's project was to host a huge spa party here at our home.



The day was fraught with mischief--very bad back upon waking, caregiver making me an hour later than planned to my hairdresser appointment, exhausted by lack of sleep, nothing but a boiled egg for breakfast due to rushing about, and several errands to do for the party.



My hostess texted me throughout the day about bringing food, and a couple of times with new friends to add to the guest list. That's a good thing financially, but wildly stressful in the logistics category! However, making good use of my time this afternoon, I mangaged to give two hand facials to office managers at Bright Star care agency, and pick up six pedicure brushes at the 99 cent Only store. On my way out, two little girls said to their grandma, "There's a Mary Kay lady!" The grandma explained to me, "My daughter and I do Mary Kay. The girls would recognize that pin anywhere!"



It's fun as well as a responsibility to represent a brand that is so well known. It calls for a certain degree of dress, manners and friendliness as well as looking reasonably well made up. In other words, look and act like a lady!



We believers represent an infinitely more important Individual than the late beloved Mary Kay Ash. Our leader King Jesus is alive, has always been and ever will be! I John 4:17b says,



...as He is, so are we in this world.



As I greet and honor my guests, make everyone comfortable, treat each lady tactfully and gently, encouraging them to try good skincare, I see to it that they are enjoying a relaxing time after a hard week as wives, mothers, and professionals who continually give of themselves to help others. I perform a service in a way that is a witness for the Lord. God cares about every detail of our lives, including refreshment, fellowship, enjoyment of His creation, and our careers.



God made sure that I had all of my supplies; He sent the afternoon caregiver over on time, to help me set up the party, no less, since Steve was just watching The Waltons anyway; and He brought Bob and Debi over to pick up Steve for a boys' night out while Debi joined the spa party!


Whatever you do in word and deed, do all as unto the Lord Jesus Christ.



Blessings all around, including a free chair massage for our caregiver from our Certified Massage Therapist who arrived early!



Colossians 3:17 says,



And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.



Thank you, Lord!






































































































No comments:

Post a Comment