Pages

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We abide, He provides!

1:48 p.m. Today's project was (and is) to finish studying all of the commentaries and cross-referenced scriptures before beginning the writing of my final Galatians Bible study, chapter 6, to teach on Thursday morning. Later this afternoon, my two delightful Moms' Morning friends will be over to plan for Saturday's event, so I know that I have a specific number of hours to study. I pray each day for God to guide and shape my day, for I know that daily duties and unexpected interruptions will occur! Four to five hours may sound like plenty of time, but even happy interruptions (like blogging!) take time!

One such interruption was a massive blessing: Social Security called to tell me that Steve has been approved for permanent lifetime benefits, with back pay to April of this year. Just in time, our God is just in time! I won't say that I had been in a state of panic, but a definite uneasiness was hovering over my mind, almost stealing my joy. Being a good steward of reduced resources, and witnessing to mortgage holders with integrity is stressful, humbling and unpleasant. But it's at these times that God opens His overflowing hand to sustain and support His children! Psalm 37:25 says, "I have never seen the godly abandoned, or their children begging for bread." (New Living Translation)

Financial provision, the ability to obey the Great Commission to preach the Gospel, and the strength to emulate the Holy Spirit's compassion for those we live with or even momentarily encounter, are all gifts from our Heavenly Father. I cannot do any of these things, nor can I exhibit Christlike character on my own! Jesus said in John 15:5, "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in me, and I in him, bears much fruit: for without Me, you can do nothing."

Let me learn to abide today!

No comments:

Post a Comment