Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Breathe in His grace Part II: A new vantage point




4:13 p.m. Today's Project was to bask in the truth that having difficulty in one area of your life doesn't have to define the child of God. And having difficulty in one area of your life doesn't mean that our Father sees His child in only one dimension either.
My life (and yours) reminds me of the views of the Grand Tetons I shot from two vantage points at Jackson Lake, Wyoming. Using a telephoto lens, I see the biggest mountain up close, in all its blue and white magnificence; but from a normal distance I see the lonely pine tree I missed in the "big picture."
A trial or conflict looms so large in our life that we completely droop, overwhelmed and defeated, whether we caused the problem or not. Trouble rightly becomes the subject of our prayers, but, is that one issue the only concern we need to lift to the Lord? Should it halt our praises, block out all of the good God does for us all day and night? "Whom the LORD loves He chastens, " (Hebrews 12:6), but He corrects us in love, for our own good, and receives our repentance and forgives COMPLETELY! God moves on--shouldn't we?
I remember what God told Joshua in Joshua 7:10 after the Israelites' defeat at Ai: "Get up! why do you lie thus on your face?" Wow! God told him why it happened, what to do to fix it, Joshua obeyed, and then the armies of God's people went back to conquer the city.
Last night, after a shocking and dismaying afternoon, God basically--but more gently-- told me to get up and go on in victory, a victory He would provide.
still fighting tears, I got Steve and his caregiver situated, drove over to Redlands for my Mary Kay meeting, and had an encouraging conversation with my son Kriss before I went in. At the meeting, I received some recognition for my week, and had the privilege of giving the inspirational message to close the meeting. It was full of scripture and was very well received. I even won a pair of earrings!
I had moved from the looming mountain of heartbreak to a view with a realistic perspective. Yes, heartache was still in the background--troubles don't magically disappear. But that fresh work of God continues even today, refreshed by a night's sleep. I gained new customers and sales, had a good day here at home, and am looking forward to some fun fellowship tonight.
When I get my mind off of "the destruction that lays waste at noonday" (Psalm 91:6b), I can see the fresh, green, straight, standing pine tree of the presence of God, and know that He loves me like no other, as He tells me in Psalm 91:14-16:
Because he has set His love upon
Me, therefore I will deliver him.
I will set him on high, because he
has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will
answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver Him and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.




No comments:

Post a Comment