Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What God hath wrought




3:23 p.m. Today's project was to attend Bible study. Simple, right? With the enemy of our souls throwing every possible distraction, diversion, and duty in front of me, acting in obedience is quite difficult. Even getting up at 6:30 is barely enough time to make it to a 9:30 session 15 minutes from the house! Despite it all, I've only missed one meeting, and that was to attend to a family crisis. That's why we must remind ourselves of Jesus' words in John 16:33:

Be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Like our Master, we are to be overcomers as well. Even though we feel like we'll surely be dragging over the finish line by that time, parched and exhausted, our call is to finish this race of life in Christ with joyful vigor. After all is said and done, Jesus' words in Revelation 21:6-7 promise:
It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.
We ladies had a fine study, and left encouraged to stand for the truth in our own lives, to immerse ourselves in God's Word. My friend and I relaxed together at Starbucks and then it was time to say goodbye to the caregiver and spend some time at home with Steve. The Lord had a nice surprise for me when my marketing rep from Tate Publishing called me. He let me know that any of my books ordered now will arrive by the end of the month, 2 months before the official release date of May 31st! He also shared with me the vendor contact information and discounts that our church bookstore manager had been asking for. I ordered 10 copies, mostly to give to family members.
As I emailed Stephanie the information, I frankly wrote, "I still can't believe this is actually happening!" It seems so far-fetched, beyond anything I imagined would happen when I literally penned the study in the 1980's. We serve an amazing God!
The phrase that came to mind was inventor Samuel Morse's jubilant message of the world's first telegram:
WHAT HATH GOD WROUGHT?
One book is a minor accomplishment in comparison to a major advancement in worldwide communication, but Galatians: an Exploration of Faith and Freedom is a miracle to me! And without God's decision to bring me to the Cross, to new life in Christ, the Bible study wouldn't have been written in the first place.
On January 6, 1980, God wrought the true miracle: my salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment