Pages

Friday, December 4, 2009

Ladies' Christmas Dinner



3:41 p.m. Today's project was to get all of my items into the Jeep, take them to church, set a festive table, and welcome the ladies God will send to sit with me at Calvary Chapel of Moreno Valley's annual Christmas dinner. Praying, planning, gathering and enjoying the look and feel of my Christmas plates, cups, saucers, sugar and creamer set, pitcher and glasses is half the fun--it starts off my Christmas season in a beautiful way. And this year, the date coincided with our setting up and decorating our tree and both the inside and outside of our home. Fun, fun!

Upon arrival at the sanctuary, I once again enjoyed the fellowship of my precious sisters, setting up gorgeous tables of their own. Gold, blue, white, red and green, all the colors of this joyous season were represented to bring the traditional remembrance and celebration of Christ's birth! And that is what makes our evening special--Jesus is at the center of our efforts. This evening is dedicated to the One who saved and sanctified me, my Love, my LORD!

Yet, a sadness is among our group tonight, because a dear sister lost her husband to a sudden, massive heart attack yesterday. We are all prayerful for Debi, and she will not be alone, for
"Thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me," Psalm 23 assures us all, no matter what comesw our way.
11:33 p.m. Back at home, I reflect as Steve and I get the table service unpacked so much of it can be handwashed. We enjoyed a wonderful evening of carols and a devotional by Robin, and I even had the fun of being part of a small chorus onstage. We ate a fine meal of salad, with trimmings, potato soup in bread bowls, and homemade sugar cookies in the shape of snowflakes--huge and yummy. The other cookies were the round, powdery Mexican wedding cookies I love so much but oddly, never bake myself!
After we closed in prayer, the men of the church helped us all pack up our belongings while others of them were already vacuuming and setting up chairs for Sunday morning's services. These guys had already cooked and served our meal--may the Lord bless them for their servants' hearts!
Now my Christmas season is off to a perfect start in the Name and for the glory of Jesus!




No comments:

Post a Comment