Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

I meant it for a joke; God meant it for a blessing!


5:26 p.m. Today's project was to go shopping with a huge amount of coupons and freebie certificates, so I went all through the grocery store and came to checkout, having saved about $35.00. I slid my card, but it wasn't authorized! What? I'd made a substantial deposit into the night drop yesterday at 4 p.m. So I asked the checker to hold the cartload while I drove to another part of the shopping center to my bank. While there, I ran into Amy, a girl that Steven led to the Lord a few years ago, who now works in corporate for the bank--wonderful! I love to see young people go forward in life.

Anyway, they had not opened up the night drop yet, but the teller did it, and came back with my deposit (and 4 others) and posted it to my account. Back to Ralphs, same result, arrgh! but in the meantime, I had a good conversation with an old administrator friend of mine who retired last June also. I went outside to call the bank, and they said it wouldn't post until Tuesday! Oh well, I went back in and bought a few essentials for cash, and figured I'd just go shopping on Tuesday. It was a little embarassing, but I wouldn't have enjoyed those times of fellowship if I hadn't been delayed. God has a way of redeeming even the negative times--that's how much He loves us!
When I got home, I had a task to do, labeling and putting Mary Kay products into a bag to donate to a breast cancer event at the end of this month. My sales director will be making up gift bags from all of our donations. I just had to catalog each product for tax puposes, while watching the 2nd half of the "Ironman" video I'd started with last night, but got too sleepy to finish.
A while later, I told Heidi, after recounting my grocery/bank adventure, "You know what I could use about now? $500 to arrive in the mail today!" and laughingly went about other chores. Steve then went out to get the mail a while later.
Among the typical political ads, charity appeals, and bank statements, was a letter from the Jurupa Unified School District. "Oh no, " I thought, what's this?" (I still have my health plan through them as a retiree). I opened up the letter and found my check, and thought the worst, but the accompanying letter said, "We are returning this check to you because you are fully paid up for your benefits through September 10, 2010." Yes!! That was $355.55 right there! Fully wound up, I told Steve and yelled upstairs to Heidi, "Only $145 to go!!" We went through the rest of the mail, and there was a birthday card for Steve from my dad--always generous, and "coincidentally," a week early. Steve opened it up, and there was a check for $100!! We called Daddy right away, hysterically telling him how he had been part of the answer to my somewhat random prayer. He loved it, and bless God, his faith was built up today, too.
Now, only $45, or precisely, $44.45 to go! Since God never falls short or disappoints in any way, I'm pretty much almost faint with excitement! As I told Pavel when he came to pick up Heidi and to deliver 2 dozen eggs and an armload of homegrown gladiolus stalks ready to bloom,
"THERE'S NOTHING LIKE BEING A CHRISTIAN!"

No comments:

Post a Comment