Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Remember His Faithfulness, Part II


4:31 p.m. Today's project was to take my 2005 Jeep Liberty in for its quarterly service a month early. Because I was fishtailing after a left turn onto Alessandro from Canyon Crest yesterday morning during the drizzle, I figured we'd have Moss Motors look at the tires. My brakes were fine, and so were the tires the rest of the day, as I must have driven 50 miles on errands, but it was best to have them check the tread. I really thanked the Lord for keeping me from hitting anything or anybody, and for bringing me through a very gratifying day of ministry.
When we got to the dealership this morning, the service manager measured the tires' tread, and only one new tire was needed, but not desperately. (Good, because even with valued customer discounts, we couldn't have afforded it!) But then I found out the real reason we needed to be at the dealership: the technician measured the battery, and it read FAIL! My battery was dead!! How good is God to let me go through my day yesterday, driving all over the county, and keep the battery running smoothly until we pulled up at the service bay! Now that component I had to take care of right away, chuckling about the way God had saved me tons of stress, even though we have AAA. I like my Heavenly Father's care much better--it's divine, actually! Oddly, our son Steven, who has an identical Jeep, just had his battery die last week! "Five years on a battery is pretty good, " the service manager said. I Peter 5:7 reminds us we should be humble, "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you." So, so true, even as yesterday's $300 refund check from Mercury auto insurance made it possible to pay for the new battery!
The excitement of this week is still in play. Last Saturday, when my huge cartload of groceries had to be restocked because my bank deposit hadn't posted, included were several bottles of the nutritional supplements both Steve and I use, covered with "buy one/get one free" coupons. Oh well, they weren't drastic necessities and I could pick them up another day. This afternoon, I was filling our pill botttles with all of Steve's prescriptions and both of our supplements, when I reached into the back of the vitamin drawer, as we call it, and found first, an unopened bottle of B-complex; then, TWO unopened bottles of COQ-10, a very expensive heart and circulation supplement. Those were the very bottles of supplements I had been forced to go home without! Furthermore, the COQ-10 was of a much higher quality than what I was willing to settle for from the grocery store--it came from one of the nutritional supplement companies I order specialized items from, considering Steve's Alzheimers and my arthritis. Bargain or no bargain, there's no need to stash up consumable items that have expiration dates on them. God's faithfulness covered me once again. "He remains faithful, for He cannot deny who He is." (2 Timothy 2:13, New Living Translation)
This is my God, and your God, all you who call on the Name of Christ!!

1 comment: