Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

A day off



5:13 p.m. Today's project was for daughter Heidi and I, along with her bridesmaid Shea, to meet with my sister-in-law Sharon at Shinoda's Design Center in Santa Ana. The goal? to purchase the centerpieces for Heidi's 2011 wedding reception. Sharon was a wedding coordinator at her church a number of years ago, and has a real knack for bargains and style. She also has the resale license number necessary for purchasing goods there!



My day had not begun propitiously, due to a lack of sleep caused by the heat, Steve struggling with his C-pap machine for the first time in weeks, and issues I needed to pray about. Finally giving up, I arose at 5:30 and went downstairs to start my day with emptying the dishwasher, grabbing my coffee and posting Psalm 89:6-7 on Facebook, as I do each morning, just writing out verses in order as I work my way throught the Psalms:

For who in the heavens can be compared to the LORD?

Who among the sons of the mighty can be likened to the LORD?

God is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints,

And to be held in reverence by all those around Him.

Those marvelous rhetorical questions in verse six are answered, of course, according to my FB friend Gloria, "NO OTHER!" And our response in verse seven is to hold Him in awe and reverence as we believers assemble in His Name. I realized at this point that I need to be at peace and in harmony with my fellow believers, "as much as lies within me," (Romans 12:18).

Turning toward the dogs at the sound of "scrabbling" in one of the crates, I saw an agitated Jada, and soon smelled the "product!" What a mess to clean up, but it didn't take long, and since I had gotten up an hour early, I really didn't lose any time! Airing out the house was the big issue, but that was soon taken care of and I was on to my devotions.

I kissed Steve goodbye, and our exciting "field trip,"as Shea dubbed it, began at 9:30. We smoothly cruised into the O.C. I could relax and enjoy the time and concentrate on Heidi's selections, because I had written tomorrow's Bible study one day early. Sharon pulled up a few minutes after we did, and we wandered up and down the vast aisles, looking at candles, ribbon, and hurricane glass holders, and between the four of us, we came up with a clean, crisp design that will be enhanced by Gerbera daisies in her "signature" colors of orange and fuschia.

Well, I'm back after an odd attack of serious cold sweats and faintness, during which Steve was out walking the dogs--I was thinking, is it a heart attack?--I lay down for a couple of hours with my emergency beeper pendant handy. Must have been heat exhaustion, because I was still dressed in a longsleeved top and jeans, for our morning in Orange County. It was well over 100 degrees when we were out in the garden staking tomatoes, and running errands later!

Now we're getting ready for Christine and Neil O'Dell to come over and fix our computer, I've taken a shower and freshened up, and it's on to a good evening and some fellowship!

No comments:

Post a Comment