Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Breakfast, lunch and dinner with the Lord





7:26 a.m. Today's project is to write down the words God gave me during the night last night! I was searching for a theme for tonight's Heart to Home devotional. Veronica Avila is teaching a class on entertaining inexpensively with elegant home made hors d'ouevre for the holidays.
The Lord gave me the title, "Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with the Lord," because our mealtimes really do define our day for us, don't they? All of our activities are "sandwiched" in between. But let's break these meals down by the Holy Spirit's prompting!
Before breakfast, the Christian is urged to to begin the day seeking the Lord. "O God, You are my God; early will I seek You. My soul thirsts for You, my flesh longs for You..." (Psalm 63:1). We spend time in His Word, read a devotional--I'm currently re-reading My Utmost for His ItalicHighest--go to prayer before Him, take some time to write in a journal to pour out your heart, pray with your spouse or as a family, and I'll usually do a day of my current Bible study.
Then it's time to prepare and eat breakfast in an uplifted state of mind, and go about the morning's tasks. Having asked the Lord for guidance, I fully trust and expect that the Holy Spirit will answer my questions and prioritize my activities. When I was at work as a teacher, despite the strict schedule, I still had choices to make, as you do at your place of employment. How shall I choose my words, Lord? Will I encourage my disabled husband, or' even though I might think, "It's for his own good," end up being a discouragement? With our youngsters at home, same thing! It's a daily, minute-by-minute search for God's wisdom!
Remember James 1:5-6: "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally, and without reproach. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven and tossed by the wind."
Onward to lunchtime--time to rejuvenate, thank the Lord for His provision, not just food, but the ability to acquire it and the kitchen and means to prepare it! Think of the needy and pray for them, planning what kinds of charitable ministries you might be able to support. Share a praise with your spouse, friends, or your own little ones, in true amazement that God loves us so much!
"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." Is your household living in the truth of John 3:16 daily?
Afternoon errands, maybe a walk, some quiet time to read outside, now that it's nice again! We might pick up around the house, or await your kids' arrival from school (or pick them up). I went out to the garden to see about the last few green peppers and did some weeding; maybe you sew or crochet. In all of these activities, God is so clearly seen, whether it's in His glorious sky or in a work of art He has gifted you to create! For the believer, it might be time to be "singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord," (Ephesians 5:19b) with praise music on, or get in some more of the Word with K-WAVE 107.9!
Dinner planning, preparations, gathering of ingredients, whether there are lots of choices or almost none--let God show you what to select, and how to prepare your meal. Seek His wisdom! The One who fed thousands with a few loaves and fishes can stretch food like no other, AMEN?
One time I barely had enough dinner for the seven of us, and Kriss came in with his buddy Emmanuel to eat with us! And the Lord multiplied the food in His own way--our God is able!
So enjoy all of the good gifts from the Father above, morning, noon and night, and rejoice in His love!

No comments:

Post a Comment