Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

That was embarrassing!


7:43 p.m. Today's project was to deal with the virus coming into my email, and the seedy messages my Yahoo account was sending out. At least the late afternoon was cold and cloudy, so I couldn't be crabby about missing Steve's and my walk on the Canyon Crest hill.


The embarrassing message first went out a few weeks ago, when a friend had the courtesy to text me about a weird message she got, selling "men's medications" from a pharmaceutical company in Canada! I emailed my contacts late that evening, telling them that the message wasn't from me, but got too tired to send the message to the last 1/4 of my massive contact list. My daughter changed to Gmail two days ago, because her email began sending out spam, I think the same message! She kept warning me that I'd better change mine, too. So this morning, while removing an expensive feature from my AT&T phone service, I brought up the Yahoo spam issue and warned of changing accounts. I was given another 800 number to call. Really? I needed to take Steve to the doctor for a check on his sudden 16 pound weight loss, hearing problems, and a sore that didn't heal, so more hold time with the phone company wasn't on the agenda!
Dr. Guzman sent us to the lab downstairs to begin testing, so we were were away from home for 2 hours, then had to drop off a prescription. Lunch was next, and then a nap--I'd woken up at 5:30 praying, and then got up to work on final edits on Galatians. I can truly say that the Lord had "visited me in the night," as Psalm 17:3 says. God was gracious to allow me to accomplish quite a bit, despite the fact that I'm a "macro" thinker doing a "micro" task--footnotes! He also brought to mind a friend, Kathy Langtry, retired from 35 years of secretarial work, who had retyped, edited and formatted my II Samuel study from yellowed hand-typed pages into Word last summer. She'll be ideal to go over my book for the kind of detail that escapes me. Kathy let me know that she'll be delighted to review the book and notes for me!
Adding to the afternoon's adventures was a visit my daughter and I made to a floral designer who decorates, sets up and takes down the entire wedding, both ceremony and reception! Of course, flowers for all attendants and tables are included. Heidi and Pavel had been tearing their hair out with separate vendors for tables, chairs, linens, plates, each one adding their own delivery charges. So when I found out from my hairdresser about this company, I wasted no time booking a consultation. Looks like it might be a go...thank you, Jesus, for looking out for our family!
In Luke 12:6-7, Jesus reminds me when I'm tempted to worry:
Are not five sparrows sold for two copper coins? And not one of them is forgotten before God. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.
When I returned to my computer to notify my friends of my new email address, I was almost too late. Several of my friends had gotten the virus messages already. Dinner was delayed about twenty minutes, but I notified everyone. a hassle for sure, but mission accomplished.
Now if I can only remember that I have a new email address!!

No comments:

Post a Comment