Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Back on task


3:31 p.m. Today's project was to rest up, pack up, hustle up, and get back home safely from our little getaway to Lake Skinner. We came home down a different road that we drove up, this time past the beautiful wineries of Temecula. It was so relaxing to contemplate, and to fantasize about owning a vineyard, or at least stay in a bed & breakfast in the area! Maybe one day we will.


Steve and I pulled into Baron's market, highly recommended by friends as an "upscale Trader Joe's." We did indeed see lots of natural foods that we like, and I picked up some gluten-free snacks and chocolate chip cookie mix. We'll see how that turns out. I'm not holding out much hope, frankly, having tried to bake with wheat free products that turned out to be heavy and dense, almost inedible. Celiac disease is certainly a nuisance! Wheat flour is added to thousands of products, from so-called "oat" granola, to gravy and sauce mixes, even soy sauce. I just need to be careful to have a small amount, if any, and not eat wheat products two days in a row. That way I can stay out of trouble.

We found some cool teas and sodas, including non-alcoholic "BundAberg Ginger Beer" from Australia. Couldn't resist that, so I'll see how that tastes right now! Yummy--very strong, and ginger is good for digestion, too! I'll put it back in the fridge and let it cool off a bit more.

I needed to make a 3 point turn in a neighborhood to get back to the other side of Rancho California Road, and that went went well. But, as I turned right onto the main road, we heard a loud crash and stuff flying--the cabinet above Steve's head had flown open, and the small tv had hit him on the knee! Despite his howl of pain and ensuing commotion, the Lord helped me to pull over safely, we gathered up the tv, movies, and DVD player and taped the cupboard shut with silver electrical tape, like we always do with the fridge and freezer. Goodness! Steve's knee didn't need any ice, the tv didn't shatter, and we got his organic multi-seed crackers picked up, so we continued on home uneventfully, praise the Lord!

Unpacking the RV has gotten to be a pretty smooth operation, and I even had time to take Steve for a haircut. Tonight I am hoping to get a sign-up sheet filled up by ladies from our Home Fellowship who would be able to make and deliver meals to our leader's wife, laid up from back surgery. I'm coordinating with the worship team gals, so the family should be well taken care of!
Jesus said in John 15:12, "This is my commandment, that you love one another, as I have loved you." As further encouragement to care for one another, the Apostle John wrote in I John 4:7, "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loves is born of God, and knows God."
Does our love show that we know Him?






No comments:

Post a Comment