Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A break in the rain



12:42 p.m. Today's project is to pray for urgent needs in our family. Of course I need to attend to Steve and to our home during the day, because I Timothy 5:8 says that if I don't, I "have denied the faith and am worse than an an unbeliever" (NLT). We truly need God to make a break in the rain for us, provide some relief to our souls.





A rainy day is a perfect setting for contemplation, prayer, and quietude. Thinking in matters of dollars and cents, today's gentle rain will save on our water bill by watering seeds in the garden and germinating them. The last several days the Lord has awakened me early to pray, and those seeds have already shown a harvest of provision for our youngest who's too far away for us to help directly. Other specific prayers in my journal have come to pass, or are well on their way.




  • Helpers have been provided for Heidi's wedding
  • Social Security has corrected a problem that could have stopped Steve's payments
  • Much Mary Kay business has come forth, along with future event plans
  • Steve did very well at the Married Couples' dinner
  • Pavel (Heidi's fiance) just now dropped off John MacArthur's book Anxious for Nothing:God's Cure for the Cares of Your Soul
  • Steve slept well and calmly last night--no Alzheimer-induced tremors or spasms
  • Heather can stay with Steve so I can go to an MK meeting Thursday evening
  • Meals have been provided for a sister from church recovering from triple-by-pass surgery
  • I've completed the detailed form for obtaining much-needed funds in a retirement account
  • Service providers are working very amiably with me and lending encouragement
  • Wedding plans are firming up

And I am persuaded that the best is yet to come today! And it just did--Steven's financial aid check arrived, our car insurance issued us a $12.00 credit, a sauce I thawed out for an "enchilada" casserole that was to feature only cheese and corn tortillas turned out to have lots of meat in it; even the dogs have full dishes. On top of these blessings, I spent the drizzly, grey afternoon reading scriptures on trusting in God's love and providence.

And having ended this day of reflection, prayer, and praise with the completion of Anxious for Nothing, I now have a refreshed perspective on our trials!

Today's finishing touch will be watching the live podcast of tonight's service featuring the Potter's Field ministry, based on the picture of God as the Potter and we as the clay. Isaiah 64:8 brings the realization of safety and a contentment that only knowldge that God has a plan for my life and will carry it out, can bring:

But now, O LORD,

You are our Father;

We are the clay, and You our potter;

And all we are the work of Your hand.

Do a work, Lord, in me, for I know it will be right, and righteous, if it is Your doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment