Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

I'll take fries with that









2:56 p.m. Today's project was to greet our new caregiver, a very nice and efficient young man from the Brightstar Agency who will be alternating with our Tuesday aide. I quickly showed him where everything Steve would need was located, made sure he went out with Steve to the backyard to greet the dogs, and went off to the hair salon to begin my morning of errands.
It certainly is wonderful to be able to make the multiple stops required to prepare for tonight's spa party, pick up birthday cards for my daughters, and buy two more packets of gift tags for my Heidi's wedding day prayer tree, without worrying about Steve's well-being. It was definitely much easier for me to run in and out of stores quickly, and get back home before the rain came down. I also had to make a stop at CVS for two of Steve's Alzheimer meds that he was out of. Can't just let powerful brain and nervous system-affecting drugs come to a sudden stop. Praise God for His provision of relief for our ills!
Despite my desire to eat low-carb today after last night's Bisquick Cheeseburger pie and bowl of ice cream with toppings that I enjoyed while watching "Fireproof" with my husband, I was sidetracked by the Tamale Man who sells to the Upper Echelon salon on my way out. Actually, in the interest of full disclosure, I walked right over to him and asked him what kinds he had today! Since I had $4 cash, I purchased 2 chicken and two cheese-jalapeno tamales, nice and hot. At home after my errands, Steve and I each enjoyed one. I feel somewhat good about my lunch because my lunch drink was a Propel Zero [calorie] "nutrient enhanced water beverage!" This scripture came to mind appropriately after my indulgence:"The spirit is indeed willing, but the flesh is weak," Jesus said in Matthew 26:41.
After viewing the 24-year old beach vacation photo of myself with my darling daughters, I'm reminded that a reduction in flesh is definitely in order before our upcoming family wedding!
Temptation is always around us; it just depends on what each one of us is tempted by. An article I just read on this blog's reading list from Fox News caught my eye. "Man arrested after caught deep fat frying wings while intoxicated." What on earth? Turns out that a Minneapolis man who works at a Pizza Hut broke into his store and began frying up some frozen hot wings! His blood alcohol level was .22, way more than three times the legal limit in Minnesota. Thankfully he didn't injure himself or burn down the restaurant. Now he's safely in custody, hopefully having learned a lesson at age 21.
The behavior of our fellow humans can be pretty outrageous, tragic, or even downright evil. Most of us see ourselves as "not that bad," when we compare ourselves to those who are a menace to society, or whose choices have destroyed their families. But it's all sin (including gluttony)! "Therefore to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin," James 4:17 says. And as for comparisons, read the Apostle Paul's words in 2 Corinthians 10:12:
For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.
There is only One whose standard of behavior meets God's standard for eternity--the Person of Jesus Christ, His perfect Son! And no human being has ever met His standard!
"For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God." That's every one of us! But God has provided a remedy, a permanent remedy to take away our sin. Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was crucified for our sins on the cross at Calvary. Once for all time, for all the sins of each person who ever lived or ever will live. We can ask forgiveness of God in the Name of Jesus Christ, and receive assurance that we will live in heaven with Him for eternity!
Or we can choose to reject Christ and God's offer of forgiveness, and choose to be lost for eternity, without hope, in the torment of hell.
I have made this momentous choice, to trust Jesus Christ as my Savior. What's your choice?
Send me your comment, if you would like to receive Christ as Your Savior. I'd be blessed beyond words to hear about it, and the angels in heaven will be rejoicing, as will the Father who loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment