Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Ready to release



2:29 p.m. Today's project was to purchase and prepare all of the ingredients for my daughters' birthday dinner party. Steve worked on sweeping up the tiny maddening pods from the Silver Dollar Eucalyptus trees that tower over our driveway, and make walking barefoot during the summer an act of daring! I iced the angel food cake and have the table set.
My day moseyed along as planned, until God injected some exciting news! I read in an email from the marketing department of my publisher, Tate, that they have set a release date of May 31st for Galatians: An Exploration of Faith and Freedom! They included a link to my book's website, which I will have to figure out how to attach to this blog and my Facebook profile page. The pre-sales can begin now, so I want my friends and family to know.
Yesterday, I wrote that with one day to go in this feast-or-famine month of February, I would have more praise reports because God wasn't done yet! Of course, God is never done blessing His children, even when we think things can't get any worse. Praise God for what He says about our thoughts compared to His in Isaiah 55:8-13
"For My thoughts are not your
thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,"
says the LORD.
"For as the heavens are higher
than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your
ways,
And My thoughts higher than your
thoughts.
For as the rain comes down, and
the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may bring seed to the
sower
And bread to the eater,
So shall My word be that goes
forth from My mouth;
It shall not return to Me void,
But it shall accomplish what I please,
And it shall prosper in the thing
for which I sent it."
Maybe after an additional thirty years of walking with the Lord and studying His Word, I will be quicker in both difficult and delightful seasons, to say with calm and confidence, as in Psalm 62:5,
My soul, wait silently for God alone, for my expectation is from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment