Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

Getting to know you



4:42 p.m. Today's project was to become better acquainted with my Tuesday morning Bible study group members. As the weeks go by, I won't necessarily be calling all of them on a weekly basis, but more as the Lord leads and according to their needs.




Today I wanted to introduce myself further, find out more about each one and see how they were doing on their lessons. If anyone is having confusion as to how to proceed or what a question is asking them to do, I wanted to clarify with my own workbook open to today's page and nip worries in the bud before we get any farther along. The first video lesson had very thorough explanations, but it is my responsibility to help each woman in my group to feel comfortable and capable of completing her homework weekly. The lessons are laid out in a simple format that highlights and emphasizes the exact words of the scripture, not the writer Anne Graham Lotz' opinions. And using the inductive method of study causes each woman to receive answers from the Lord that are specific to her, with spiritual concepts that are universal to all mankind! II Timothy 3:16-17 says,



All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.



And in these dark and difficult days of personal trials, devastating losses, as well as apostasy and false doctrine on every side, the Christian absolutely must be equipped with a knowledge of the Bible! If we do not study God's word, we won't have it ready in our minds and hearts when lies and accusations from our enemy the devil confront us.



Most of the ladies had started their lessons, and a couple of them were waiting for their copy of The Magnificent Obsession workbook to arrive in the mail. I reached all but two that I had phone numbers for, so I expect to hear back from the ones I left messages for this evening, Our conversations were wonderful, with them sharing what I needed to know to best to pray for them. (And they for me)! James 5:16 says,



Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.



And healing comes in many forms!



I love the individual days of study, and am looking forward to the outworking of the Holy Spirit's influence from those five those days as we do our group question session next Tuesday after the video teaching! God has much in store for each of us.



Thank You, God, for Your word, and that when two or three are gathered together in Your name, Lord Jesus, You are in the midst! (Matthew 18:20)






No comments:

Post a Comment