Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Ok, where is he?

10:02 p.m. Today's project was to find my dad, who signed out of his assisted living home this morning at 9:40, which I didn't discover until several hours later. I arrived at 2:45 p.m.,  after being let into his apartment by a care aide, to leave him his re-programmed cell phone, make out a card, and give him a document he'd been looking for.

He apparently had taken an 85th birthday joy ride back to Redlands in his car, gotten a haircut and had some "other business" to take care of. I even went over to my Heidi's school just as it let out to bring her up to date, because teachers don't keep their cell phones on.

When I finally caught up with him from home, Daddy was quite proud of finding his way the whole distance from Jurupa Valley to Redlands and back. No wonder he collected all of those maps from his house in Redlands last Saturday! Oh, my head...

While there's nothing wrong with Daddy's mind, his body has a a deadly disease.And I don't think going about in this 105+ heat is helpful for anyone. We were all very worried. I was kicking myself for helping get the car that he's promised to my sister back to his assisted living. At least she'll take possession on Sunday at our traditional "August Party," so we can all breathe a sigh of relief!

My arthritic wrist is calling me to agree with Solomon in Ecclesiastes 12:13-14:

Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter:

Fear God, and keep His
  commandments.
For this is man's all.
For God will bring every work
  into judgment,
Including every secret thing,


Whether good or evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment