Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Fresh gratefulness for fresh graces

2:35 p.m. Today's project was to hop out of bed at 5 a.m. after sleeping about 4 hours. With the many conventions and conferences the Lord has allowed me to attend,with California and National School Boards Associations, Association of Christian Schools International, Connecticut General Life Insurance, Shaklee Corporation, and now Mary Kay, I'm a veteran of sparse sleep! I just have to claim Psalm 127:2, not to worry, but rely  upon Him for deep, if short, hours of rest:

For so He gives His beloved sleep.

We had a beautiful, extensive banquet last night hosted by Daniel and Kathy Helou, our national director and her husband. There were so many recognitions and record breaking achievements that it was almost midnight when we wrapped up. When you factor in bedtime preparation, such as shower and skincare routines; and my evening portion of C. H. Spurgeon's devotional Morning and Evening, it was at least 1 a.m. when I finally went to bed. 5:30  a.m. came early, but we all made it to the shuttle buses by 7 :00 for our 7:30 breakfast.Our general session started at 8:30, and though I was dozy off and on, our session was exciting, inspiring, and glorifying to the Lord in thanksgiving and remembrance of all He has done for believing consultants and directors this last year! Spurgeon writes on the topic of gratefulness in the evening devotional I read last night, headed with Psalm 65:11, You crown the year with goodness.

All the year round, every hour of every day, God is richly blessing us; both when we sleep and when we wake, His mercy waits upon us.The sun may leave us a legacy of darkness, but our God never ceases to shine upon His children His beams of love. Like a river, His loving kindness is always flowing, with a fullness inexhaustible as His own nature.

This evening, our unit had an awards dinner where our leader Laurie expressed appreciation for each of us, and praised our efforts and achievements whether great or modest. In turn, we praised the Lord for giving us a Christian leader, a true woman of God and role model.

We must build one another up, showing recognition of what God has done through His instruments, people! The Apostle Paul wrote to the Roman church, Romans 1:8-9,

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing, I make mention of you always in my prayers...

Let Paul be our example!



No comments:

Post a Comment