Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Spirit-led, if not pain-free, day

9:31 p.m. Today's project was to recover from my head injury of yesterday by staying at home for the most part. I actually slept in until 7:00, so grateful that Steve's caregiver was already getting him ready for the day. With the soreness in my head, neck and shoulders, I could not have bathed or dressed him myself. Later, as Steve, the caregiver and I sat on the living room couch waiting for the Special Transportation bus, I did manage to use my haircutting shears to trim his sideburns! Thank You, Lord, for small favors!

On Tuesdays, once I finish devotions, pull myself together, then make breakfast, it's time to enter into one of my chief joys: writing the Bible study for Thursday! (The other joy, reserved for Mondays, is studying and noting the supporting scriptures the Lord leads me to share with my women--HIS women)!Does not God assure us that we are His daughters? In Isaiah 43:1b He says to His people,

I have called you by your name; you are mine.

The morning went along at a leisurely pace, with breaks for laundry, proofing the written lesson on   II Samuel 9 that will be sent out online, with a few copies printed for gals whose home printers are down; and communicating with the kids with their concerns for me. I also left a message for my dad that we can go out on errands tomorrow; and picked a couple of huge ripe tomatoes from the garden. Jada even got to come in and enjoy the coolness of the house, lying under the long dining room table while God preserved my train of thought and the words flowed on the river of Living Water.

May the Lord always give me an outlet for studying, teaching and writing His word, so women might learn to know Him better--or come to Christ for salvation! After all, even though my calling is to edify believers with correct doctrine, every servant in any ministry has a first responsibility to make sure that all involved know who Jesus Christ is, what He did for us on the cross, and that they can choose whether to spend eternity in heaven. I want any new lady who comes to a study to know that she will always have someone to talk to about becoming saved, born again! Each of us is called to be an evangelist. Romans 10:13-14:

For whoever calls upon the name of the LORD shall be saved. How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard?And how shall they hear without  preacher?

And that's where believers,whether new, experienced, young or old, come in. We must be ready at any time to lead another person to Christ. And this is the gospel we preach, I Timothy 3:16:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.

At lunch time I took a break, cooking a frozen meal for me, and preparing Steve's dinner. (He gets his lunch on weekdays from Care Connexxus).  At the same time, I prepared a snack and organized the medicine for his arrival later in the afternoon. Why mess up the kitchen twice?

I noticed that my head had been hurting, so I took 600 mg of Advil the doctor prescribed. Yet, I was not content to remain in a hurting mode when a chiropractic adjustment would do the job. The doctors I usually call all take Tuesday afternoons off, but found Dr. Miranda, who in a few short cracks had me snapped back into place.  

The knot on my head hasn't disappeared, and I still wonder my my hose feels tweaked. But I am so grateful for the life You have given me, the family, career, and ministries, pain and all!

Believers are wonderfully blessed by blessing others. Even so, we say,

COME, LORD JESUS!




No comments:

Post a Comment