Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Reflecting

9:44 p.m. Today's project was, originally, to host a skincare class at my home at 9 a.m., enjoy a training luncheon in Rancho Cucamonga with a guest who wants to sell Mary Kay, and then conduct a class at her home near the training center. Oddly, the friend for the morning facial was called to work at 9, being on-call this weekend at the County Regional Hospital; and my guest found out late last night that she had clinical training for 4-D College for her LVN license, because the professors had a meeting on her class day, and decided last minute that the makeup day should be today. (I think that's a word to the wise for anyone seeking vocational training in the Inland Empire)!

With my morning free, I went over to Daddy's place to pick him up and go to Redlands to pick up his car and other useful items. Instead of the two hours I'd figured on,  we had three hours of accomplishing what Daddy wanted and then a slow-lane drive back to his assisted living facility. That being closer to the I-15 north I'd take to the Mary Kay Training Center, than leaving from my house, I set out, with my Red Jacket, white blouse and black skirt on hangers, in a fairly peaceful frame of mind. Listening to Pastor Chuck Smith on KWave radio speaking about David (whose life I've been  studying the last 3 years) with his love and trust in the Lord, was comforting. then K.P.Yohannon's Gospel for Asia program came on, describing our need as believers to live according to I Corinthians 10:12: 

Let him who thinks he stands, take heed lest he fall. 

Following Google map directions, I arrived at the Town Center, but after half an hour of searching, even going into Christian-owned Hobby Lobby to ask for walking directions. How blessed I was to see their sign that they are closed on Sundays in order that their employees might enjoy family and worship together!! After searching every nook and cranny of the center, I finally gave up and drove back home. You know, of course, that since I prepaid, and did drive to the location, I'll make sure to note that on my business expenditure and miles traveled categories for taxes next year!

At home again, Steve went with the caregiver to get a haircut, and I went upstairs to nap while they were gone. Even though the extreme heat had me worn out, that's not what had me in a pensive mood. I think that I am still processing my decision on Steve's care. Even though our quiet evening included total care for him from the dinner table to bed, we did sit and hug on the couch as we like to do.

What will it be like to be alone in the house on evenings when I don't work? How on earth will Jada react to her beloved master's disappearance? Shall I rent out two of the bedrooms, or have UCR  foreign students here again? And since Steve is the only client our caregivers have, that's a lot of people out of work!

I know the Lord will help me every step of the way, and has my wonderful final years laid out for me. We who are born again can all trust this promise from Jesus Himself, John 14:2-3:

In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you unto Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.

Come, Lord Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful reflection and wonderful LORD we serve and get to enjoy and worship for all eternity!

    I am sure you will visit Steve when you can and sit by his side. LOL I cannot ever imagine you just sitting at home, unless you are at your computer!

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete