Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Few words


111:30 p.m. Today's project was to leave the house at 7:30 a.m., the Jeep loaded with Mary Kay products and wrapped gifts to sell at Jamie King's holiday boutique; Steve had to be situated for his friend Howard to pick him up by 9 for a morning of work and a daylong visit; he had to remember to take his change of clothes for church tonight; the dogs had to be put out before I left, so Steve wouldn't go out back and not hear Howard at the front door; my laptop and corn muffins had to be in the car as well, to add online makeup videos and a luncheon side dish to the day's festivities. All on very little sleep for the 2nd day in a row!

Kind of a lot of requests to ask of the Lord, wouldn't you say?
The reason this post is being written so late is that the event ended at 7 p.m., I was packed up and saying good bye to all my friends by 7:45, stopped to get a $2.99 chicken finger "meal" at Carl's Jr. near church by 8:00, joined the Wednesday night service in progress by 8:10, picked up Steve and headed home to 2 HOURS of online updates on the Mary Kay website. Why so much? I added 14 new customers, booked two future parties, have a potential new beauty consultant, and made $305! All of that info has to be recorded on the MK website for my own and my unit's future use.
So I'll take Solomon's advice that I quoted Tuesday: "let my words be few!" (Ecclesiastes 5:2) and close with this morning's Facebook post, Psalm 106:2:
Who can utter the mighty acts of the LORD?
Who can declare all His praise?


No comments:

Post a Comment