Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wall of (His) Fame


5:01 p.m. Today's project was to sort through the blessed and blessed-less parts of my day.

Steve and I got up with good anticipation this morning, because I was giving a Mary Kay facial party for at least six ladies, including close friends and friends of friends at a lovely home in Moreno Valley, near Ramona Expressway. Steve would be spending the morning with his friend Howard, chopping, cutting, clearing, whatever tasks needed to be done in the orchard. As I dropped Steve off, I picked up my buddy Charlotte, Howard's wife, to come with me. Another good friend and neighbor Cindy, would join us later.

Gracious hostesses mom Josie and her daughter Mele had set out a welcoming array of desserts, coffee and juice. Ultimately, we had 12 in attendance, counting an adorable 18 month-old boy, who saw no problem with applying moisturizers from his grandma's tray to his chubby face! Very good sales today as well as good fellowship. Thank you, Lord, for this success!

However, on the blessed-less side of the equation, I had had a distressing email forwarded yesterday by youngest son Steven from his university, stating that his student account was blocked, his credits would not count, etc., because his tuition was not paid. At the bottom of the threatening notice, being a Christian school, was Psalm 118:24, "This is the day that the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." ( ! ) This missive arrived after I had been been told by multiple office aides over the last two weeks that all of the money was in from Steven's loans, and that an overage check was on the way to our house! The loan had been approved by the federal student loan program on October 15th, by the way!

This morning on the way to the party, and then at home later in the afternoon, confusing communication continued. I am praying that my telephone appointment with the head of the department tomorrow will get me the straight story! At risk, of course, is not only the overage money to which we committed to provide necessities like Steven's rent and books, but his ability to stay in school altogether. As I went about logging in the customer information from my party and then drove to the bank to deposit a check, and thanking God at the same time for His provision from the business, I still felt discouraged.

Seated in my office later, I glanced up at what I think of my "wall of praise" for blessings and accomplishments God has brought about in my life this year. Pictured above, you might be able to make out a STAR consultant recognition certificate and ribbon from MK; a letter from the Jurupa school district informing me that they were returning two checks because no health insurance payments were needed for July and August; the letter from Riverside Public Utilites informing us that we qualified for a discount because of Steve's C-pap machine; an apron given for recognition of two of my recipes on the "Just a Pinch Recipe Club" website; Tate Publishing's author timeline for the production of Galatians; a letter from my doctor stating that I had no trace of breast cancer, a letter my life insurance company required for standard coverage; a small plaque and a workman's apron for helping lead at our 2010 women's retreat; and most dear, a photo of 4 of our 5 kids with spouses and their dad on Mother's Day this last May.

God has led, worked miracles, come alongside, and provided for me in so many ways that I have now named it the "Wall of His Fame." As the conquered nations knew the fame of the Lord God when His people sojourned in the wilderness (Numbers 14:15), I want God's fame and glory to emanate from my and my family's lives. Through tribulation and triumph, let the Name of the Lord be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment