Pages

Friday, April 6, 2012

Four nails make for a GOOD Friday

2:05 p.m. Today's project was urgent. I had to get my back passenger tire rotated immediately, because it had a drill bit embedded in the tire wall! A drill bit--really!

After a fun and inspirational Mary Kay TodayNotTomorrow get together, I drove home through San Timiteo Canyon. At 9 p.m. when I pulled in, Steve had been asleep for over an hour.The only thing on my mind was that the dumpsters weren't out on the sidewalk as the caregiver and Steve always arrange them at 5 p.m. on Thursday nights. The caregiver, our renter and I managed to put things in order. There was a reason, however, why the dumpsters hadn't been put out: Steve had suffered an incident that required moderate clean up at about the same time. Just as  2 Timothy 4:2 tells believers to "be instant in season [or] out of season" to share and teach God's truths, caregivers attend to any and all of a patient's and household's needs at the drop of a hat. Their servant's hearts are absolutely commendable.

While the dumpsters got rolled out, I started emptying the clothes dryer and gathering up the basket's contents to take upstair when I heard a hissing sound behind me. Walking to the back of my car, I saw that a long silver nail, spike, or pin was protruding out of my tire and it was losing air apace! Our renter came over and said, "Dang! How could the head of a nail go into a tire?" I replied, on closer inspection, "It's a drill bit!"(Having been married to a maintenance mechanic for 31 years has taught me a few things). After praising the Lord for getting me home safely, an executive decision was made: I'd call AAA in the morning first thing. I called as soon as I dressed this morning; the Pop-a Lock mechanic came 10 minutes early and put on the raggedy spare; and God had solved the whole problem of the day's transportation! Good thing I had a ride: God provided $32 in "on-the-go" sales between the hair salon and the childcare center next door! (And two new clients to follow up on).

God wasn't done yet! By 3:45 today, our new tire had been placed where the drilled one had been. Now Steve and I can attend our church's Good Friday service at 7:30 this evening, and visit our new grandson tomorrow.

A drill bit piercing my tire meant hours of aggravation; but the nails piercing my Jesus' hands and feet meant the salvation of all mankind, including those who died in faith before His crucifixion. Hebrews 11:39 refers to the heroes of the faith such as Abraham, Sarah, Moses, David, the prophets when it says,

And all these, having obtained a good testimony through faith, did not receive the promise, God having provided something better for us, that they should not be made perfect without us.

The disciples and those who believed Jesus to be the Messiah in the years He walked the earth, were indeed privileged, but Jesus said in John 20:29, regarding His appearance in the Upper Room, specifically to convince Thomas of His resurrection:

Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Of course, we, and those yet unborn in this era of the Church, have relied on the Holy Spirit's witness in our hearts in response to the written testimony of the apostolic writers of the New Testament. And by believing in faith, we have been saved from an eternity in hell!

John 3:16:

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life. 

Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment