Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Prepped for blessings

4:36 p.m. Today's project was to allow God to prepare me for a blessed day after a humbling start--cleaning up after a sick dog! Apparently her new food was a bit too much for her dainty stomach, even though some of her regular kind was mixed in. (We've been through this many times).

Despite the time consumption involved with laundering the bedding, dragging the crate outside and hosing it down, and cleaning the garage floor,  my devotion time blessed me and I even prayed with my prayer partner at just about our usual appointed time! God is so good, and He knows each of us from the inside out! 2 Chronicles 16:9 says,

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.  

How I desire to be one of those loyal ones! Yet, I had a wonderful, God-arranged day, with a scheduled party, deliveries and caring for Steve in the afternoon. We even made it to the nursery to purchase four varieties of tomato plants, and a 6-pack of "Supersteak" type for our son and his wife to start their garden with.

While picking up and paying for Steve's medication, the pharmacy tech asked me to give her a Mary Kay party--for tomorrow! What is so amazing is that I've been trying to schedule a facial with her for months. Proverbs 21:1 says,

The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD. Like the rivers of water, He turns it wherever He wishes.
The heart of everyday persons is in His hand as well!

This evening, I parked in my faithful customer Samantha's driveway, half an hour before the start time for her party, expecting to teach a skincare class for five people. As I entered her house, there were at least 15 ladies there! Not only were there many more than I had planned for, although I had plenty of supplies; they were still having a bridal festivity and hadn't even started eating yet. Boy, was I praying out at the Jeep! When Amy, my spa party partner who gives chair massages when the class ends, arrived, I gave her the lowdown, and told her that we'd need to pray! I greeted people as I walked in with my foot bath tubs, set up a small section of the dining room table, and just enjoyed the luxurious buffet foods, including my favorite, ceviche.

We had a rather uproarious party, but I sold a good amount, have two appointments booked next week for follow up skincare, and my massage therapist gave a respectable number of chair massages.

As I was parked to text my hostess for tomorrow, our son Steven sent me a jubilant text :

"My laptop broke, viruses first, then the screen actually broke. Got it fixed for free, God is good."

Indeed He is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment