Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

So THAT was the reason!

11:00 p.m. Today's project was to hold two parties: Muffins & Makeovers at 9 a.m. here at the house, and  then a party at the home of a pharmacy tech from our local CVS drugstore. She had asked me about Mary Kay parties, and booked tonight's skincare class on the spot! After a care giver mix-up, I arrived at her home in an area that used to be nice, but is getting rough now. Their home is in good shape, and even has a swimming pool. There was some commotion from the two-year-old, but she finally went down for her nap.  Since we were waiting for guests, the hostess and I got a chance to talk after her Satin Hands treatment and facial.

She mentionmed that she hasn't liked Christians ever since she was a deeply depressed teen, her condition exacerbated by a youth pastor in her denominational church tellung her she was demon-possesed and that she shouldn't seek counseling or take any medicine fotr the problem. I gave her a more scripturally balanced view that God can use medicine as well as prayer and supernatural healing. I spent time encouraging her to pray, and read her Bible, and not worry about which church to go to, pray to God in the nmae of Jesus, and He'll show her how to come back to Him! Jesus said in John 6:37b,

...the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.

Then she mentioned that her husband likes the Jehovah Witnesses, because they seem more intellligent, with their books and their magazines." "Did you know that I wrote a book?" Her eyes bugged out. "It about the book of Galatians, where the Apostle Paul teaches us not to look at rules and regulations, but at Jesus Himself.  And then find a church where they teach right out of the Bible.

Then she mentioned a "Christian" co-worker who is involved in blatantly immoral behavior, and said "and they claim to be a Christian!" I asked her, "If they weren't a Christian, how would you think of them?" She replied, after thinking a moment, "I guess I would just say that that's the kind of person they are." I said, "God will judge them, and deal with them, but there are unjust amd bad people in every walk of life, in every company, school, any human endeavor." We need to seek Christ, not look at people!

She seriously listened to everything I said--she knows she's backslidden and needs to come back to Christ.I'll be keeping her in prayer and showing her a good witness whenever we meet. But God is convicting and calling her. "Faithful is He who calls you, , who also will do it" (I Thessalonians 5:24).

We went on to a lovely and lucrative appointment for me, with just one other guest. They thoroughly enjoyed the class, and the personal attention each one received.

With only one guest at her party, my hostess was unhappy and apologetic to me. I was still able to give her a hostess gift, but best of all, I KNEW WHY I WAS CALLED TO THAT HOUSE!

Let this be our prayer! Use me, Lord ,  for the saving of souls! Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful exchange with your client. Do you want to exchange books? I mail you mine and you mail me yours?

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete