Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Between His shoulders


5:28 p.m. Today's project was to take the Jeep in to Moss Motors for a quarterly service, only 30 days late! I'm glad we waited, because I had a nice coupon for fluid replacement and overall checkup for $18.95. While we were there, the service writer Tanya arranged for their affiliate Riverside body shop technician to give us a written estimate on the damage to the front bumper and headlight cover from our encounter with the Christmas tree in the carpool lane of the 60 freeway a couple of Sundays ago. A claim has been started with Mercury Insurance, so we'll see how we come out in regard to the $500 deductible. Since the Lord graciously kept us from injuries or major damage, we don't need to be in a huge hurry--the Jeep's drivable!

Listen to the blessing Moses gave to the tribe of Benjamin in Deuteronomy 33:12, which makes me feel secure as well:

The beloved of the LORD shall dwell safely by Him,
Who shelters him all the day long;
And he shall dwell between His shoulders.

"Between His shoulders!" Wouldn't that be near to God's heart? As a believer, I know that I am close to God's heart--after all, didn't He send His Son to die for me, so I could live with Him forever? That's a truth I can rest in, and so should you, if you know the Lord, and if you have not made that life-altering commitment, do it today!
As Steve and I took Christmas cards to friends and enjoyed fellowship, greetings and goodies, I felt so thankful for all that God has done for me. It's easy to focus on shortages, losses, and limitations, but what about God's rich blessings of family and friends? and the way He works out my circumstances? Psalm 138:8 says, "The LORD will perfect all that concerns me."
God has perfected, He is perfecting, and ultimately He will perfect all that concerns me, in my perfect eternal home, Heaven!




No comments:

Post a Comment