Pages

Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Christian doesn't take the first answer




2:11 p.m. Today's project was to take the $105 God had provided for the remaining balance of my ladies' retreat fee, and pay it off. Thanks to my dad buying 4 copies of Galatians: An Exploration of Faith and Freedom, I had compiled the money. As of Friday, when my retreat fund was cut into by Steve's medication costs, I did not think I'd even be attending! I walked into church with a lighter step on this payment deadline day. We also brought some crumb donuts to donate to the retreat scholarship fund bake sale.


After the service, I headed over to the activity table to pay my balance. My sweet friend Cristina looked up my name on the registration list, and said, "You're paid." I looked and there was a notation, $110.00. Not comprehending, I asked, "How much do I owe?" She laughed and proved to me that I was paid! I tearfully told her, "I didn't even think I'd be able to go!"


I still can't believe it! As Jonathan said in I Samuel 14:6, "Nothing restrains the LORD from saving by many or by few." God can do it His way, in His time, with or without my saving and scrimping. Or He could have allowed me to pay for the retreat as I have every other year...I am His to do with as He will.


His banner over me was love, Song of Solomon 2:4 says, and in 2:16, My beloved is mine, and I am his.


Another verse that has strengthened me as I have prayed for healings and answers to hard trials, when reversals or even improvements in a particular situation take place, is Hebrews 6:1a,


Let us go on to perfection.


Perfection in Christian maturity, perfection in faith, persevering in our walk and relationship with Christ. Going on to maturity and a more in-depth knowledge of Christ that allows you to continue in prayer, not taking the first answer, whether it's a pronouncement of fatality, a denial of opportunity when God has told you differently, or opposition to preaching the gospel and taking a stand for righteousness, doom pronouced for your unborn baby, or personal rejection that the enemy uses to torment you.


God's plans are greater, His word truer than any of man's truth! "The wisdom of this world is foolishness with God," I Corinthians 3:19 boldly states. Do you believe this?


When your numbers and "facts" don't line up, line up behind our God and His word!



No comments:

Post a Comment