Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Monday, partitioned



4:52 p.m. Today's project was to enjoy a day that is normally without commitments, while still spending time with Steve, organizing my Bible study for Thursday, and working my business, making phone calls and filling orders.



I got a really great boost from my Mary Kay Sales Director last night, because I moved up to the Red Jacket level, with three recruits who have begun working their own businesses. Commissions improve, and so does the responsibility to mentor and encourage Ann, Chelsey, and Debbie. For many years, the Lord has gifted me with the desire and vision for building up women and helping them grow in their ministries, so it's an exciting prospect! I always think of Paul's writing to a young pastor in I Timothy 1:12-16, in amazement and humility:


And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry, although I was formerly a blasphemer, a persecutor, and an insolent man; but I obtained mercy because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.


Shortly after my devotions, I sat down to get direction from the Holy Spirit for my teaching on Thursday in I Samuel Chapter 14. We have had a seven-month hiatus, so I knew I'd need to review Chapter 13. But the Lord showed me to re-introduce the era of the Judges as I had done before teaching the first 13 chapters last summer, and explain Samuel's role in the transition from a divided nation of tribes under the rule of judges, priests and prophets, to the era of monarchy, beginning with Saul. I also copied maps from my NLT Bible that show the Kingdom of Israel's boundaries under Saul, David (who will make his first appearance in this year's study) and eventually under Solomon. Now that I have a plan, organizing and writing my remarks will flow from there. I must give "my utmost for His Highest" to my teaching, because God has called the women to come, and He is the One who chosen three precious women to offer care and Bible study for the children whose moms attend.


As a friend at Home Fellowship was stating, "I know I'm not even the slightest bit worthy to be used by God, but He does any way! It's shocking!" I agreed, saying, "I try not to think too much about it, because it's God's decision, choice and calling--I just keep on doing what He says to do!"


One thing God definitely directs is to live happily and lovingly with our spouse, so Steve and I have lots of time together to enjoy one another's company and our mutual hobbies now that we are retired. What a blessing that is, too!


When our daughter came home, we made a plan for the two of us to run over to Redlands to see a house that just went on the rental market. It was so invigorating, curving through San Timiteo Canyon into my hometown on a quick outing. And the house is just darling, full of plants and flowers for her future husband to exercise his gardening talents on, and very well kept up. Will they be selected? We walked over to a neighbor's front yard to talk with him, and picked up some details that will be good to know for the appointment her fiance has there on Wednesday. I also mentioned that her grandpa lives down the street and that I went to Redlands High School. You never know what details might work in the newlyweds' favor! Above all, we are praying that God will place them in the perfect first home!


But the important thing for me was to spend a lovely hour and a half with my daughter who will be leaving home soon, in my favorite small city, driving through streets known for Edwardian-era mansions sitting side-by-side with beautifully kept smaller homes. The breezy, overcast afternoon made the neighborhoods more scenic, to my mind.


All in all, this was a Monday partitioned into many facets of God's will and work!


No comments:

Post a Comment