Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Released for warfare!



4:35 p.m. Today's project was to open up the website from Tate Publishing for my new book, Galatians:An Exploration of Faith and Freedom. I had gotten the notice that I could log on last week, but have been too hectic with bridal shower preparations to check it out! The site is very attractive and the excerpts, prayerfully, will whet potential readers' appetites to learn more.


Today, May 31st, is the official release day for the book. Jeff Fisher, my marketing representative, informed me that the book is now available on the amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com websites. Tate Publishing will be arranging book signings at the local bookstores researched and listed for them by my friend Kathy Langtry. My sister Dona emailed me that a women's ministry leader in her office wants to order copies for her group after reading through Galatians. In the mail today was my commission check from Tate. And I have almost sold out my second batch of ten books.


Although I can hardly believe all this is happening, I do know that I serve an awesome, mighty God! The way the Bible study, and now the book, came together, is the Holy Spirit's doing alone. Psalm 131:1-2 describes my state of mind well-- instead of the earlier frenzy, I am now find myself reflecting in wonder...


LORD, my heart is not haughty,

Nor my eyes lofty.

Neither do I concern myself with

great matters,

Nor things too profound for

me.


Surely I have calmed and quieted

my soul,

Like a weaned child with his

mother;

Like a weaned child is my soul

within me.


In all of the excitement and gratification at seeing a lifelong dream come true, I was reminded by a conversation today of the reason the book of Galatians was written by the Apostle Paul, and why I felt led to write and teach women his doctrinal treatise in 1987. There was and is a need to combat the false doctrines that circulated in Christian circles in the first century, and in my case, to strengthen my women to share the truth of the gospel with those they met on a daily basis.


My friend and I see a member of a prominent cult struggling in every area, and know that this is spiritual warfare, because she is being strongly drawn to Christians around her. We truly believe that she is going to become born again, and that the enemy is pulling out all the stops in a relentless attack. Ephesians 6:12 reminds us,


For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.


So we are praying and loving our friend relentlessly! My friend said, "Maybe you should give her your book!" I replied, "Well, it's pretty blunt about cults..." Perhaps it's early in our witnessing process, perhaps not. Again, prayer, prayer, prayer and listening for the Lord's voice of direction!


And may I remember that Galatians: An Exploration of Faith and Freedom was released for one reason: to glorify God by spreading the truth of the gospel and equipping the saints for spiritual warfare!

No comments:

Post a Comment