Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cleaning up!

6:37 p.m. Today's project was to enjoy an uplifting hour and a half with friends in Redlands at our Legacy unit's Wednesday Morning Makeovers. As Cara and I had prayed at 8:05 a.m., I was looking for a clean, refreshed approach to building my team of beauty consultants. To my mind, the best ideas are a result of synergy between colleagues who seek to build one another up, especially when we build one another up in the Lord through prayer and praise! Jude 20 counsels us, after warning against divisiveness,

But you, beloved, building yourselves up on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit, keep yourselves in the love of God...

This morning at breakfast, I began a cleansing detox program that our son Steven had brought with him from Lassen's 100% organic market in Fresno. The teaspoon of "ZeoForce" grey powder mixed easily into a tall glass of  water, and had no taste at all! I will see how it works, but things are looking good so far. (At least I didn't have the kind of results you get from some detox programs that seem to be more of a violent purge)!

It was Cara's turn to train us on booking appointments, which led us to making lists of women to call and then proceed to call them. It's fun to communicate with friends, and it's good business to make calls, texts, and emails in a focused period of time. The camaraderie, mutual encouragement and  fun gave me a real emotional "clean-up" that was sorely needed and right on time. I might actually get into the doldrums if it were not for sisters in the Lord and in my business to cheer me on.

Upon leaving to get into my car, I noticed how very dreadfully filthy the Jeep was looking in the bright, hot sun. With a very nice party on my books for tomorrow, I thought, "This looks unprofessional," and it does. Years ago, when I was an insurance agent at the prestigious old-line company Connecticut General, I remember our manager telling us, "You don't have to drive a new Cadillac, but you can keep your own car clean!" I think that showing your care for details makes customers more certain that you will care for the details of their lives and needs!

As believers, we are to be wise stewards of all that God has given us. If we believe that all we have belongs to and is on loan to us by God, I Corinthians 4:2 makes us take our responsibility for all that God has entrusted us with quite seriously:

Moreover, it is required in stewards that one be found faithful.

Caring for my vehicle wasn't all seriousness! Like many of my tasks, using the drive-through car wash on Barton Road was quite a bit of fun, especially with the cheddar and sour cream Ruffles chips I treated myself to as I was rinsed, soaped, scrubbed, dried, waxed and polished. I was also satisfied that I had saved 10 cents per gallon of gas by purchasing the Deluxe wash.  The cash refund was only 50 cents, but it was 50 cents I wouldn't have had otherwise, while continuing to drive a dusty Jeep. I'll add the car wash to my business expenses for 2012 taxes, because that's the reason it was done!

God had a great surprise for me back at home. After Teresa the Brightstar Agency nurse had finished updating Steve's Plan of Care forms, she agreed to have a facial! So we enjoyed a much more relaxed time than we'd had in the previous 1/2 hour spent discussing the bad changes in Steve's condition. I hope she emails in her before and after pictures to our Makeover Contest, because Nurse Teresa's cleansed and made-up face looked gorgeous when we finished!

Thank you, Lord Jesus, for a "clean sweep!"

No comments:

Post a Comment