Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Trying something new!




5:17 p.m. Today's project was to learn a natural approach to some of the health issues that plague us.  If Steve's wakefulness at night could be calmed, what a blessing that would be. And it would be magnificent if the arthritis that is aggravated by twisting and turning my fingers, arms and shoulders while assisting him, could be relieved without a prescription. So far, I use MSM and Hydraluronic Acid supplements, but those get pricey, and it takes a couple of weeks to show good effects. I'm just not a fan of pharmaceuticals when natural supplements and organic nutrients can be employed!

I've been inspired lately by the way the Lord is using our son Steven, who has been sending organic supplements to his dad that are actually causing slight improvements in mobility and speech. He is still ingesting the prescription meds  he's been on for months, if not years, so the supplements from Lassen's Organic Market comprise the only different aspect of his diet.  We are entering into a new phase, prayerfully moving from pharmaceuticals that are known to be worthless in late-stage Alzheimer's/dementia--even their commercials only tout effectiveness for "symptoms of mild to moderate" cases--to using supplements much closer to their original plant basis. I am trusting in what the Lord has said He would do for His people, clearing the way for them them to praise Him, Isaiah 43: 18-19, 21:

Do not remember the former
  things,
Nor consider the things of old.
Behold, I will do a new thing,
Now it shall spring forth;
shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the
  wilderness
And rivers in the desert.
...
To give drink to my people, My
chosen,
This people I have formed for
  Myself;
They shall declare My praise.

Today I gave a facial to a lady whose company produces non-medicinal patches designed to be placed on the same areas of the body--even on top of clothing--where acupuncturists use needles. (The only patch we've ever used was transdermal Exelon, which you had to use gloves to place on Steve's back. How safe could that be?! Being in the same drug family as Aricept, it had no effect on Steve's functioning either.

I looked forward to our appointment because two of her patches (see above photo) stopped a violent pain in my right knee that struck me just before my turn came to give a 5-minute talk at the Circle of Friends networking group last week. Honestly, I would have been hard-pressed to walk over to my presentation table if the patches hadn't started working immediately!

Why two patches? The other patch was placed over my dress on the area of my stomach, because I had mentioned my celiac (wheat allergy) disease. Apparently my digestive tract is where much inflammation resides. With her expert placement, Suzie's patches caused a synergy of relief in both areas!

To be on the safe side before placing the patches, I texted our supplement expert Steven the names of two of the supplements, glutathione and carnicine, to see if they were legit. He immediately answered back that they are antioxidants that fight free radicals in the environment. So far, so good!

We'll see how our patch experiment goes, and Lord willing, we'll have a good report soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment