Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

When work's not work at all

7:25 p.m. Today's project was to get back to doing what I do best--meeting and talking to people!
Of course by "people," I mean "women," because the Lord showed me to get to Starbucks in Moreno Valley by 10:00  and work my Mary Kay business until I needed to get back home to meet Steve's bus.

I had moderate success at Starbucks  in Riverside last Friday, picking up a couple of leads to call this week, but nothing like I used to experience when I would regularly sit down to make phone calls and quietly offer free facials to gals sitting at nearby tables. My joke is that I must look like a harmless, sweet lady because I can count on one hand out of scores of approaches those who said "no." Not everyone books an appointment later, of course, but it's all about numbers and consistent activity, making fiscal year 2011-12 my best yet. An added "sweetener" from the Lord: I've actually become friends with ladies who were once total strangers I started conversations with. As Proverbs 18a says,

A man who has friends must himself be friendly.

The Lord has given me to the ability to enjoy the company of all kinds of people ever since I was a girl. I "never meet a stranger," as the saying goes. That open and outgoing personality has served me well for over 40 years in business, education, and as a local politician. When I became a Christian, God shaped me to care about and serve others, leading and mentoring women in His Word, helping them to be better wives, mothers and homemakers.  Jesus Christ gave me my purpose: helping women learn the Bible, and through scripture, know God intimately and trust Him in everything. My purpose was revealed as my mind was renewed! Romans 12:1-2:

I beseech you, therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

My mind had to be renewed if  I was going to work my business in the manner God has planned out for me! I had to stop worrying about exactly who is going to be in my future unit and who didn't join in the last two weeks. I need to do what I do best that leads to a unit being built: get out and talk with people. Freshen up relationships with current friends and customers, and meet new ones each day. Have fun and let that fun become contagious. And leave to God the identities of the future beauty consultants I'll lead one day!I need to be God's best, Spirit-filled and Spirit-led Dana Kruckenberg, NOT somebody else using somebody else's successful approach!

God is not in the cloning business. Each of us is individually gifted and once we learn our spiritual gifts, and use them faithfully to honor God, we will see God do amazing things.

Today, I sold a product on the spot from my inventory in the Jeep; booked a spa party, got 5 new leads, booked 2 facials and a guest for our fun Thursday Night Together! And it's only Monday.

Thank you, Lord, for Your plans for me!!






No comments:

Post a Comment