Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fifty-seven and walking

6:09 p.m. Today's project was to celebrate my husband Steve's 57th birthday. We had already started with our first dinner party on Monday with daughter Heather and her husband Nick; and he had a birthday party at Care Connexxus today, evidenced by the gold crown he brought home! I had pondered having him stay home and taking the two of us to a matinee, but he so enjoys getting on the bus and his active routine at the daycare, that I aimed for an afternoon visit and early dinner with our older daughter Heidi. We enjoyed huge sandwiches, chips and fruit from the nearby Ralphs deli. I also gave Heidi a facial from our new Botanical line of skincare while Steve relaxed with Jada!

We have been amazed this last week at the sudden and positive improvements in Steve's abilities. In fact, I honestly don't know what to think! Our youngest son Steven, future chiropractor, very dedicated to organic eating, supplementation, and holistic approaches to treating disease, has been sending his dad an assortment of supplements for the last month, that may be having an effect. Steve is walking better, able to go with his caregiver once again to walk the dog. He even ran to catch his bus the other morning, because he and Andrew were just a couple of houses down the block when the bus pulled up!

Steve's speaking is showing signs of returning also. He said, "Don't want to miss the bus," yesterday morning, and "thank you" to the bus driver one afternoon! In my amazement, I'll join the declaration of Samuel F.B. Morse, inventor of the telegraph in 1844, whose first message was Numbers 23:23:

What God hath wrought!

I have no idea whether these improvements will continue, or are flukes, or comprise a truly remarkable breakthrough for natural remedies. But meanwhile, I'll remember who my God is!! Hear King Nebuchadnezzar's statements about God in Daniel 4:1-3:

To all peoples, nations, and
languages that dwell in all the
earth:

Peace be multiplied to you.

I thought it good to declare the
signs  and wonders that the
Most High God has worked
for me.

How great are His signs,
and how mighty His wonders!
His kingdom is an everlasting
kingdom,
and His dominion is from
generation to generation.

I couldn't agree more! And whether Steve is miraculously healed or not, I love You, my Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment