Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bottom line: It's from the Lord

6:50 p.m. Today's project was to recognize that a small personal offfense, targeted by the enemy, Satan, to trigger feelings of being left out and embarassed, was no more than a trigger to make me recognize a much more serious spiritual issue!

I've had plenty of time to think today, because I was hit by dizziness and nausea, the harbingers of my quarterly migraine. Steve and I had a very nice morning together, completing the Bible lesson for our couples' study tonight, and then had lunch. My dizziness amplified, I lay down, slept for a while, and then threw up. I hadn't taken my sumatrophin in time because I thought the wooziness was from the Vicodin I took during the night. (I had hurt my back at Disneyland yesterday). After another rest, I'm up again. We'll see how long this lasts!

Ecclesiastes 3:8b says that there is "a time of war and a time of peace." Most of us, I am sure, prefer peace, and try to avoid war. But as Ephesians 6:10-18 makes clear, spiritual warfare is the every day lot and lifestyle of the born again believer. Vv. 13-14 (NLT) say, "Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you may be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness."

Time to put on the belt of truth and confront a person I love with all my heart about their actions that are putting oth ers at risk.I've been walking a line of not interfering, but I finally had to speak out. The reaction was not good, but expected. Now the Lord is showing me the action that must follow...that's the tough part, taking righteous action that will not be seen as vengeful or petty.

I must be obedient to what God has told me, and would covet prayer for strength and just the right words!

Better get back upstairs--feeling sick again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment