Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

The sun stood still

3:15 p.m. Today's project was to pick up more of our son Steven's competition diet supplies, all needed before noon to keep his metabolism fired up on his 7 meal-a-day schedule.I was enlisted because Steven had to go to Hemet to work out with his coach. Tomorrow is a preliminary contest, and we are all praying and working toward another successful outcome.





I had an appointment for hair color at 10:15, so I would have to get up a bit earlier to make it to the grocery store and back, and put the frozen items away. In no way would devotions or prayer time be shortened, because that is what I look forward to most of all each day. To think that the Lord waits to hear from me (or any of His kids) is utterly amazing and gracious! So, like the Apostle Paul, "I do not frustrate the grace of God." (Galatians 2:21) What I'd need to cut short would be the rabbit trails I wander off to every morning. I'm sure you can relate to the "let me just run and do this!" syndrome.



Interestingly, Steve came downstairs from his shower dressed in very nice clothes, an oddity for a weekday of working in the yards and garage and walking the dogs. He said, "I thought it was Sunday for some reason." But God was at work in his confusion, just like He works when any of us goof up. I said, "Come to think of it, that will work out great, because you can go to the store with me, and since I'll be in a hurry and will need to leave right away for my appointment, you'll be available to put the food away!" He was happy to be useful and involved, so we took off after breakfast. I hadn't bothered to do more to my face than my skincare routine, and had only run a pick through my hair, because at the salon my hair would get done, and I'd have time to put on my complete face while the color processed!

We got back with plenty of time to spare, amazingly. After I put the food away, I did have my late lunch visit with a friend at 1:30 in mind, so I dusted a bit and tidied the guest bathroom. Now the challenge was to get home with time to spare to spruce up the house after the hairdresser appointment!

No problem--I even had time to pick up food at Smart & Final for Sunday's home fellowship where it's my turn to bring dinner! The house was good, and Steven had cleaned up the kitchen, too. Pam and I had a very relaxing lunch after a tour of the garden and ate some of its produce. Isn't God good?

Ponder Joshua 10:12-13, NLT:

On the day the LORD gave the Israelites victory over the Amorites, Joshua prayed to the LORD in front of all the people of Israel. He said, "Let the sun stand still over Gibeon, and the moon over the valley of Aijalon." So the sun stood still and the moon stayed in place until the nation of Israel had defeated its enemies.

Since God, who is outside of time restraints, can make the sun stand still in behalf of His people, He certainly can multiply our hours until the goals He has set for us are accomplished!

Amen?

No comments:

Post a Comment