Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Psalm 68:4-5

3:36 p.m. Today's project was to bring to life the words of these verses, to worship God by being His hands and feet to a dear bedridden widow and her three sons in our church.

Every morning, I post a few verses from the Bible on the Facebook home page, basically taking the Psalms in order, and letting God's Word "tell it like it is" on any given day. Only God knows what each of us will need each morning: rejoicing, mourning, conviction, comfort, assurance of God's triumph over evil, or peace in our hearts over an upcoming situation.

I was already feeling convicted of not spending as much time "hands-on" at the sister's house as I should, even if my faithful team of women is taking regular meals and a health worker is coming for two hours daily to see to her physical needs. Then it was time for me to post this morning's verses, not expecting a "sit-up-and-take-notice" moment!

"Sing to God, sing praises to his name; extol Him who rides on the clouds, by His name YAH, and rejoice before Him.
A father of the fatherless , a defender of widows, is God in His holy habitation."

Was I ever convicted! But, unlike the condemnation the devil brings with his wretched accusations (see Revelation 12:10), the conviction of the Holy Spirit spurs believers to righteous action! One of my team members had informed me that some recordings of our pastor's sermons would be appreciated, so our church office manager took me to the bookstore for three CDs. During Bible study, I was excited to add another member to our team, a recent widow who would be blessed to hear how our ailing sister made it through eleven years ago.

After picking up some very nice hoagies from Big Guys Pizza and Pasta (the boss gave me some potato wedges at no charge, too!), I arrived at the house. Our sister was thrilled to receive the CDS. I was able to listen to her testimony, and that of the health aide as well. Then we had a special time of prayer.

I was beyond blessed! Proverbs 10:22 says, and I can testify that, "The blessing of the LORD makes one rich, and He adds no sorrow with it."

You can't outgive God!

1 comment: