Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Lining up life



5:31 p.m. Today's project was to put together a handout for the workshop I've been asked to present on "Multi-Task Building" for the Ladies' Retreat in June. The theme is "A Wise Woman Builds." I've entitled it, "Pulled in Many Directions--Pointed in Just One."

The key question to be addressed and discussed with the group is this: with so many demands on a Christian woman's life, how does she balance them all, while keeping her spiritual life a priority? The pastor's wife, Robin, who directs our women's ministry, wrote in her letter requesting me to facilitate, that this is something I do well! (I feel less than successful several times a day, but then, the Lord knows that, doesn't He? And He allows me to serve Him anyway!) I was blessed to be considered. With the trials, lessons,victories, and pitfalls that characterize my days, I suppose that the Lord has given me a lot of experience making life work! " 'Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit, says the LORD of hosts.' " Zechariah 4:6 is a verse I can live by!

Each of us workshop leaders was asked to prepare a synopsis of our workshop, which I will work on later this week, and a handout for guiding the discussion. I composed and submitted the following handout:

PULLED IN MANY DIRECTIONS--POINTED IN JUST ONE
MULTI-TASK BUILDING
Dana Kruckenberg
Scriptural Priorities
For your personal use only, briefly rate the quality of your daily life as "doing well," "needs improvement," or "struggling" in the following areas:
I. Relationship with God (worship, devotional life, Bible study, fellowship)
II. Relationships within my family (may list individual members)
III. Work inside or outside the home
IV. Ministry
Consider each aspect of your life, and answer these questions:
1. Are my priorities in order?
2. Are any of the aspects of my life lacking the quality of commitment and time they deserve?
3. What would the Lord ask me to change in my spiritual life, schedule, or commitments?
"Unless the LORD builds the house, they labor in vain who build it." Psalm 127:1
As I ponder these questions myself, I realize that the Lord helps, guides, and directs me to make His priorities my priorities. Retiring suddenly was certainly not my plan--but neither was Steve's very early Alzheimer's deterioration. Spending time with him to the fullest extent is now my daily priority. And as a blessed reward for obedience, I now get to enjoy another personally beloved priority--teaching and writing about God's Word pretty much full time!! It's like I'm back to the 80's, when I taught and wrote from my home--only with no kiddos underfoot. Today, there is a worldwide audience for this blog, for instance, thanks to the internet. (I've had comments from England, Brazil and China, amazingly, and translation is available in a flash.)
Other priorities and commitments: our garden, started last year while I was still working, but flourishing under the nurturing that only dedicated time can provide; the luxury of enjoying friendships, even visiting with girlfriends, on weekdays after morning Bible study; leading a new ministry of visiting ladies who need help; being available for my sons and daughters when they need help as well. The list of blessings goes on and on, from just one step of faith and obedience!
Jesus said in Matthew 6:33, "Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you."
Put God first, and watch your life line up!

No comments:

Post a Comment