Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

An early start to a good day

5:28 p.m. Today's project was to get well and recoup the lost hours of yesterday! I woke up about 3:30 a.m., no surprise considering that I'd slept fitfully off and on between nausea incidents most of the previous day. So I harvested my sugarcane crop on Facebook Farmtown, planted another, and then posted my daily scripture. I hope my teacher friends appreciated the early posting of Psalm 67:1-2, because they are probably long out of the house by 7:20 when I normally post! "God be merciful to us and bless us, and cause His face to shine upon us, that You may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations."

God was definitely merciful to me today because I was able to begin eating some bites of scrambled egg, and later, added some blueberries and string cheese. A quick harvesting trip to the garden yielded a dozen huge broccoli florets, green onions and a carrot. I told our son Steven, now on his bodybuilding competition diet, not to buy any veggies for this weekend's visit! God's face is definitely shining down, with the sun and rain, on our garden.

I had promised the Lord earlier this week to accomplish two things: confront a family member on an issue; and submit my manuscript of A Woman's Walk through the Word: Galatians to Tate Publishing to begin the editing and production process. I can't begin the serious conversation until I see the individual again; but I definitely could write my acknowledgement and title page and attach them to an email! Since Thursday was lost, today was the day.

A real walk down memory lane occured today, because the Lord told me to write Bible studies on I & II Samuel, Mark, and Galatians in the early 1980's. I was a mom at home with my children for a decade and a half, and had been teaching and speaking at Harvest as well as teaching a Bible study in our home. In 2003, to my amazement, God told me to get the 20 year old studies out of the file cabinet where they had rested since 1988. In obedience, I found editors who had the hand-typed lessons converted to Microsoft Word format. One set, Galatians, was used at my summer study in 2009. And now a Christian company has accepted them for publication!

My acknowledgements went to my patient family; my "relevancy checkers" Jeannette Rabito and Jo Hoffman; and my wonderful editors Emily Rickard (Mark and Galatians) and Esther Balos (I & II Samuel). But most of all, I acknowledge,worship and revere God the Father, the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit who all told me to study, teach, and write the Word, that all women may know that there is One who knows them, loves them, has a plan for their lives, and will be with them until the end of time.

Let God be everything to you in this life, as He has been to me! Jesus said, in Matthew 28:20, "Lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." See for yourself--He is real and so are His promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment