Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

We have this confidence...

8:18 p.m. Today's project was to drive south to Chula Vista to deliver a huge bag of Easter treats, clothes, cash and shoes left here, to our grandsons. Adrian and Xavier's engraved Bibles were also in the bag. We looked forward to spending a bit of time with them, maybe taking them out for a bite to eat depending on the time they got home from school. I needed to be at church by 6:45 to set up our Heart to Home craft samples, and really wondered if it would be possible. How or why I plan two major events for the same day, I don't know--crunch time's Perfect Storm hovered above my head!

Actually, I needed to present the projects to the evening Bible study ladies tonight, because we are at the start of a new Spring Session of classes. Very nice announcements had been made from the pulpit and flyers were made available Sunday. I'll do the same tomorrow morning for the daytime Bible study, and stay for the lesson. I know that I'm not indispensable, and no tragedy would occur if I hadn't gotten back in time, but I feel very strongly, even compelled, to honor the ministries God has entrusted me with, by being faithful.

So yes, I felt pressured!!

Each Monday morning, my prayer-accountability partner Monica and I pray for all of the needs of our families, friends, ministries, and the needs of the week ahead. This morning was no exception, and among the very serious issues we both face, Monica prayed with Holy Spirit anointing for Steve's and my trip. We left at 10:25, with no doubt whatsoever of completing our journey safely. I can't say I was quite as sanguine about getting back in time, but since "with God, nothing shall be impossible" (Luke 1:37, the angel Gabriel told an amazed Mary about Jesus' birth), I was definitely able to believe we'd make it.

We made the 100 mile trip in record time and enjoyed a leisurely lunch at IHOP. From there, we drove around until we found the boys' middle school and parked right in front, just killing time until 3:15. We had brought books--Greg Laurie's Lost Boy for Steve, and Karen Kingsbury's Redemption for me, so we had a nice hour and a half of uninterrupted reading.

Despite Steve's staying in the car at the front gate watching for the boys, and me walking out to a side gate where many of the kids head out, walking in and among the black and white uniform-clad students, we missed them! Good grief! So we drove over to their apartment complex and waited. The bag was carried up to their apartment, we took them over to Carl's Jr for burgers, and then sadly, had to hit the road. It was now 4:45!

Even with light traffic and using the Express Lane of the 15 north, I was feeling so-so about getting to our house by 6 to freshen up and grab the craft samples. Not doubtful, just very focused, wired up by a delicious McDonald's caramel latte, and glad for the speedy traffic flow!!

By the time we got to the 215 split, I was feeling very confident, because it was just 5:30. We were home by 6:00! Steve went to walk the dogs, and I took off for church at 6:29, a minute earlier than planned!! Praise the Lord Jesus, who lovingly cares for His task-oriented children, even as He sees us in our self-imposed pressure cookers. I just love the Lord!! Not one of us whom He created has to be someone we're not--He allows me to rest in Him even when I'm on the run!

We had an hilarious time introducing the Heart to Home classes, as well as a new instructor who had just agreed to teach the crochet class. God answered all kinds of prayers today!

I love I John 5:14-15 (KJV):

And this is the confidence we have in Him, that, if we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us: and if we know that He hears us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of Him.

We don't need self confidence; we need Son confidence!

No comments:

Post a Comment