Earlier in the week, I had multiple interruptions and distractions throughout my study time, and tasks interspersed, but the Holy Spirit guided me through, showing me what to note from the commentaries, and leading me to the right scriptures to emphasize the key concepts and clarify the events of our chapter. Thanks to my husband Steve spending six hours in an adult activity center, I am able this year to have that concentrated time of study on Monday and Tuesday that allows me to have my speaking notes finished by Tuesday afternoon. Wednesday is devoted to my Mary Kay business, and I teach the women on Thursday. God is a God of order, and He now has, by week 3, provided structured, precious and exciting hours for me to delve into His word, for the purpose of sharing with others what He has shown me! James 1:17 says, of God's gifting,
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation nor shadow of turning.
When God gives a believer a spiritual gift, the blessing and humbling it brings is astounding, but the purpose is that the gift be used, Ephesians 4:13 says,
for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ...
Now that we know what God has planned for our Thursday Bible study, what does Satan have in mind for the teacher, hostess and attending ladies?
- One sister got a speeding ticket while trying to shake a dangerously close tailgater
- One sister's grown son lost her credit card, delaying her gassing up her truck to come
- "Something came up," preventing an elderly sister from making it for the first time
- One sister has been afflicted severely with a potentially deadly brain disease
- I was awakened 2 hours before my alarm was to go off with a lengthy, painful leg cramp
- As a result, was almost too sleepy and exhausted to drive the 15 miles to Malinda's home
- I got sick, losing precious minutes which I might have been able to use for a tiny nap
- One sister missed last week due to and inflamed ear that almost cost her her hearing
- One sister missed last week because of falling downstairs in her home and getting a concussion
As stewards of God's word and His provision of every kind, we are told in I Corinthians 4:2,
Moreover, it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
This faithfulness is required for leaders in the church--but are we not all God's leaders in our homes and neighborhoods, who need His training to live the life that effectively testifies of His Son?
So we will continue to walk under the influence of the Spirit who gives us a desire for the scriptures, to teach, share and understand them more each week. Continue to be courageous, steadfast and determined, sisters, and we will study, learn and grow together!