Pages

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Very early obedience

10:11 p.m. Today's project was to teach our first summer Bible study, II Samuel Chapter 1. we had our regulars and five new sisters, too! Each one of them answered "challenge questions" about the concepts in the verses, and shared beautifully from the heart as the Spirit led. I  couldn't have asked for more wonderfully answered prayer!

I had awakened around 3:45 a.m., not unusual for me, thought and prayed about my day. One issue was, with Steve's Special Transportation bus bringing him home as early as 2 p.m. and as late as 3:30, I wouldn't be able to guarantee a return home by 2 p.m. from a 1:30 Mary Kay recruiting appointment in Corona. The Lord gave me the answer: pick him up early from his daycare west of my house, and take him with me. I'd just need to trust the Lord to keep Steve peaceful, contented and quiet while I recruited a new member for my team in her accounting office.

The next matter I wrestled with was how to get dinner going so it would be ready in the hour Steve's caregiver would be arriving (4:00 p.m.) allowing me to get dressed and leave for our unit meeting shortly thereafter. Amazingly, at 4:30 a.m., God directed me to go downstairs, take two seasoned ground turkey  patties out of the freezer, break them up and cook them in the warm buttermilk-cheese sauce that was still simmering in the crock pot from the night before.  In the dim downstairs light I did as He instructed, turned the heat up to High, and went back upstairs to bed! Psalm 16:7 (NLT) says,

I will bless the LORD who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.

This time, now 4:47, I prevailed upon the Lord to let me go back to sleep, reminding Him of his word in Psalm 127:2 the "He gives His beloved sleep." My cellphone alarm would be going off at 6:00, and I needed to be somewhat sharp and clearheaded to teach the Bible study at 10:00. So I fell into a deep sleep until  6, turned on my 6:30 alarm, and turned back over. But I only allowed myself 14  minutes of snoozing, because I was just too excited to start my day!

So how did my day turn out? As you read above, the Bible study went well, seriously, the women were so responsive and we really dug into our chapter. This week they'll do the lessons they received on paper for the newbies, and online for everyone else, close to 70 women.

My meeting in Corona went well. Steve sat with a pleasant attitude on the couch behind me, and my customer joined Mary Kay! She will be a wonderful asset to our unit, and to my team, especially. And even our ride home was smooth because the commute hour hadn't begun yet.
.
Things got a bit hectic as I changed clothes, and took Steve back out to the drycleaners' to pick up my red jacket. Upon our return, I emailed the lessons to my women, and got myself ready to go. After taking fellow consultant Cara to Little Caesars' for pizza for our meeting, we made it to Redlands where I was crowned "Queen of Sales" for the week! My tiara got cut off the top of the picture, but that's okay--so did my grey roots!!

I'll close with these words from Psalm 19:7-9 (NLT):

The instructions of the LORD are perfect,
  reviving the soul.
The decrees of the LORD are trustworthy,
  making wise the simple.
The commandments of the LORD are
     right,
  bringing joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are clear,
  giving insight for living.
Reverence for the LORD is pure,
  lasting forever.




No comments:

Post a Comment