Pages

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A mind fixed on You

2:35 p.m. Today's project was to write my Bible study for tomorrow. The Lord has been good to me, providing the lessons to distribute to the ladies for the first week, and giving me thorough background information to make the writing go smoothly.And unlike past years, our situation at home has improved considerably, with Steve now staying active at Care Connexxus five mornings a week.

There's a real sense of peace this year, even though Steve has deteriorated in his abilities and mental functions, that can only be from the Holy Spirit. I believe it's due to God's provision of a consistent weekly schedule for Steve. Last year, every Thursday morning, there would be a mild panic for Cindy my neighbor, Charlotte who came over to pick us up, and me, as different caregivers overslept, got stuck in traffic, or had confusion over their assignment. I feel it's important to arrive on time when I'm attending a Bible study, let alone teaching one! With Steve eagerly hopping on the bus at 8 a.m., that gives me 90 minutes to have my breakfast, make a final review of my  scripturereferences and mark them, and allow the Holy Spirit to minister to me any more scriptures or applications He wants me to share with His women. I can then dress and be in a calm frame of mind. Isaiah 26:3 (NLT )says:

You will keep in perfect peace
  all who trust in You,
  all whose thoughts are fixed on You.

So much pulls at our minds daily! Not just wicked worldly things, but important responsibilities for our loved ones, enjoying God's good gifts, even the very ministries God has called us to, can distract us from our "perfect peace." But believer, we always have a "way back home!"

Jesus said in John 16:33 to His disciples, knowing that He would soon be leaving this world,

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.

How grateful I am for that peace! In any storm, I can trust my Lord Jesus from beginning to end.

And as I rest tonight, pray, plan and polish the message on Thursday morning, I'll remember that Jesus, the Prince of Peace, is my Peace!



No comments:

Post a Comment